Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Member Help & Opinions

Old 01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member Help & Opinions

Hello all, couple questions I need some help with:

I have a 2dr X w/Dana 30 & 44 running 4.10 gears, 6 spd. I plan to
purchase a Tera Flex 2.5" BB and was wondering what else should I plan
on getting to do this properly? I will be running 35s. This jeep is all
"roadie", all show-no go for the most part . Should I replace shocks,
steering stabilizer, etc., any info members could provide would be
greatly appreciated. Also, will this BB level the front rake?

Is there anyone in or around San Antonio, Texas that any of you could
recommend for help with installations, etc.

Thanks for your time and Happy/Healthy New Year to all!

Stacy
Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Stacey! A local JK`er (matthew2000tx) has the TF 2.5", but he is only running 33`s. I think he has a slight driveline vibe. We looked at his driveline and it`s a little off. I would recomend going with a set of upper and lower adjustable control arms. this will aliviate the driveline angle . And as I mentioned before, we can help you with installation.
Also, the TF kit he`s running required either new shocks or shock extenders.He decided on the extenders and they seem to work fine.

Last edited by crux; 01-03-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey crux, thanks for your reply. Matthew has a 2dr Red X, correct? I know I have seen both of you throughout the forum. It really would be a relief to get some help from people who are enthusiastic about it and have much more knowledge than the avarage mech.

Do you know if this levels out the jeep? I have spoken with WOL and he did indicate the 2.5 TF BB would come with shock extenders; I decided to go with the TF BB after communicating with WOL.

Do you think I would be more apt to have problems with my drivetrain if I'm running 35s, or is that just a hit or miss type issue?

Thanks again.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

My bad, I read again and noticed you recommended upper/lower adjustable contol arms to reduct driveline vibration.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, we didn`t measure his pinion angle, but just eyeballing it it looks a little more than the recomended under 2 deg. The adjustable control arms will fix this. I think they run about $700 for all four. Running 35`s isn`t going to change anything compared to his 33`s as far as the driveline issues. You would still have the same amount of angle since you would be going with the same amount of lift.
And as far as leveling out, I think a lot of people are splitting hairs over this. One thing to consider is that you may be slightly high in the rear, but as soon as you have a load in it(you/passengers/gear) it will level out. Matthew is toying with the idea of 3/4 spacers to level out, but I`m not a big fan of "stacking" spacers. Just my .02.

Last edited by crux; 01-03-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I guess nobody else has any opinions around here...
Old 01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Question Why lift?

Can't you run 35's with no lift on road? There is a couple of people doing this set up, just don't go 30 over a speed bump and you should be fine.

most likely you will need some new wheels with proper backspacing though.

Quick Reply: Member Help & Opinions