Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metal Cloak Fenders and 2.5 & 35's

Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal Cloak Fenders and 2.5 & 35's

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is running the metal cloak overlands with a 2.5 inch lift and 35's. Most the pics I see are rocking 37's. I really love the fenders, but don't want it to shrink my tires. Currently running 2.5 RK and 315/70/R17 Duratracs.

Thanks,

T
Old 01-18-2018, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

It looks like you're trimmed your factory flares, so you've already opened up that wheel well a bit. I'd think that the MC flares aren't going to be much different in regards to "looking" more open than what you already have, and their 2.5" springs are going to be a comparable net lift to the RK's you currently have. Shrinkage is a common problem though.....just stay out of the cold water.

If you hadn't already trimmed your flares, I'd probably say you're gonna think the tires look a decent bit smaller, but I don't think it would be dramatic change from what you're used to.....except your fenders will be much nicer. Sorry, no pics of what you're requesting.

Happy modding
Old 01-18-2018, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running the overland fenders on BFG 35 KM2. with 2.5 rubicon express lift. I have plenty of articulation and room!
Old 01-18-2018, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. Comparatively...has anyone seen the aluminum bushwhacker fenders? 800 for 4 and they look pretty good imo. I know the metal cloaks are fantastic but that's almost half the price.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by tvan93
Thanks for the responses. Comparatively...has anyone seen the aluminum bushwhacker fenders? 800 for 4 and they look pretty good imo. I know the metal cloaks are fantastic but that's almost half the price.
There have been a couple recent comments about the aluminum bushwackers on the forum. Everything I've seen so far has been positive.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Buy one cry once! I can stand on my fenders at 300 lbs with no issues. I wouldn’t buy bushwackers. Spend the 1000$ for the the package. I would also suggest buying their rock rails. I had to remove mine JKU hardrock stock rails. It’s worth saving up for the right products than waste money

Quick Reply: Metal Cloak Fenders and 2.5 & 35's