Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Sliders?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metalcloak Sliders?

I've been trying to decide on a set of sliders and have recently been looking at the metalcloak products. I really like their overline fenders but I'm concerned that their sliders might lack strength. LOD slider (and most others) are frame mounted. From what I can see, MCs are body mounted. Can anyone chime in?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't like body mount . 1st , you have to drill holes in the body , whoops , there goes the rust warrantee ! then if you slam them hard enough , they will actually bend the thin body sheet metal . There is no turning back from them .
Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rust... that's the big concern being from the northeast. Seems like all the good stuff requires drilling. The Metalcloak fenders look good, but I can't bring myself to drilling 10 holes in each corner.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Sliders?