Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirror Relocation and Doors Off

Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Relocation and Doors Off

I got the RR mirror relocation brackets and need to know what size of wrench do I need to take those bolts off and also which one is needed to take the doors off?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

i know the door is a torx t50 and all the other bolts are torx too
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

T50 for all of them
Old 05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

These brackets are great when the doors are off! Riding with no doors, and no top, that's the best thing about the Jeep to me.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

The door bolts are T50. The mirror bolts are T40.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

When you move the mirrors using the mirror relocation brackets, can you still see out the passenger mirror and do the doors open all the way or interfere with the mirrors? I got the other type that sticks in the hinge where the door pin was and they vibrate like hell and even the wind moves them and the lock washers appear to be screwing up the hinge pin liner insert.
rob
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robhaha
When you move the mirrors using the mirror relocation brackets, can you still see out the passenger mirror and do the doors open all the way or interfere with the mirrors? I got the other type that sticks in the hinge where the door pin was and they vibrate like hell and even the wind moves them and the lock washers appear to be screwing up the hinge pin liner insert.
rob
You can see out of the passenger side fine until you put the doors back on. Once they're on you'll loose about 2/3 of your passenger mirror visibility.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Was going to do the mirror relocation brackets but after talking to a few people I think im just going to buy the safari mirrors that drop into the hinge. I wasnt too thrilled with having to put a filler plate in my door and I heard getting the torx screws out werent the easiest thing to do
Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I heard getting the torx screws out werent the easiest thing to do
Getting the bolts out is easy. Getting the mirrors out can be difficult. If you have trouble with a mirror, put the bolt back in a few threads and tap up on it with a hammer. The mirror should pop right out.

For the passenger side mirror with the doors on, slap a little blindspot mirror on to help you out. Or run with the RR driver side only, and don't worry about a passenger side mirror when doors off...
Old 06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info about the mirror visibility. What about the doors opening all the way? Do they hit the relocated mirrors. The sales guy at Quadratec said they do. The part they sell looks about the same as mopar's. Which brand brackets do you use and is there a difference.

BTW, I have the safari ones and there barely usable because of the vibration even at idle.
Rob

Quick Reply: Mirror Relocation and Doors Off