JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Mod (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/mod-301450/)

Wolfitto 04-15-2014 01:04 AM

Mod

An u guys help me lift my 2 drs jk islander and put big tires on it what dhould i do first without emptyin my pocket lol hv rubi susp 32 " tires and 3.73 axl
Tx shoot me with the advices am new with jk

Tx

4W-Jive 04-15-2014 01:16 AM

Nobody can help you unless you ask a more clear and concise question. Be more specific.

Jersey_Devil 04-15-2014 02:43 AM

Do u need help doing the actual work, of deciding on parts to buy?

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Wolfitto 04-18-2014 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil (Post 3888533)
Do u need help doing the actual work, of deciding on parts to buy? Sent from my obama monitoring device

Deciding on parts tx

Wolfitto 04-18-2014 01:27 AM

I need a 2.5 inch lift kit what should i chose that is performant bit not expensive

metaldemon 04-18-2014 01:53 AM

I am going with 35's and Hurricane flat fenders. I have a leveling lift on. 2" in the front, and 1" in the back. I really don't want to go up any higher than I have to.

kjeeper10 04-18-2014 02:41 AM

That's a loaded question. There's so many choices, how the jeeps being used and size tire to name a few. Check out the forum sticky's on lift info. Get a idea what you're getting into.
FYI .. If you just want a lift for looks. A 33" tire or maybe 35". Check out a leveling kit or budget boost (spacers atop coils)
You can run shock extensions or better shocks.
Good luck !!

Wolfitto 04-25-2014 11:22 PM

But to go offroading is that choice good?? Tx

suprablaski 04-26-2014 07:26 AM

The problem is wanting performance and a good price lol

There are a couple stickies at the top of this forum section that will help you get your PhD in the JK. Can read both in an hour and will wanna read it about three times lol.

Basically a cheaper lift will get you in the air but with consequences, most of which will be felt on the road. When you lift you change the geometry of your suspension which effects handling.

At 2.5" those effects are minimal but you may notice your wheels not being centered in the fenders which would need adjustable control arms or brackets which won't be included in a cheap kit, but at 2.5" you can prolly ignore that effect

Your front axle may not be perfectly centered under your jeep but you can get an adjustable track bar to fix that or new brackets, if you ignore this you will experience uneven tire wear.

If you decide to go any higher things get much more complicated, you can get by with a cheap 2.5" kit just don't ask it to feel like stock without buying some missing parts.

I welcome the dozens of people running 2.5" BBs to say they don't notice any diff and love the lift cause at the end of the day it's about what you experience, and not everyone feels the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk