Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mod

Old 04-15-2014, 01:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod

An u guys help me lift my 2 drs jk islander and put big tires on it what dhould i do first without emptyin my pocket lol hv rubi susp 32 " tires and 3.73 axl
Tx shoot me with the advices am new with jk

Tx
Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Nobody can help you unless you ask a more clear and concise question. Be more specific.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do u need help doing the actual work, of deciding on parts to buy?

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Do u need help doing the actual work, of deciding on parts to buy? Sent from my obama monitoring device
Deciding on parts tx
Old 04-18-2014, 01:27 AM
JK Newbie

I need a 2.5 inch lift kit what should i chose that is performant bit not expensive
Old 04-18-2014, 01:53 AM
JK Freak

I am going with 35's and Hurricane flat fenders. I have a leveling lift on. 2" in the front, and 1" in the back. I really don't want to go up any higher than I have to.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:41 AM
JK Junkie

That's a loaded question. There's so many choices, how the jeeps being used and size tire to name a few. Check out the forum sticky's on lift info. Get a idea what you're getting into.
FYI .. If you just want a lift for looks. A 33" tire or maybe 35". Check out a leveling kit or budget boost (spacers atop coils)
You can run shock extensions or better shocks.
Good luck !!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 PM
JK Newbie

But to go offroading is that choice good?? Tx
Old 04-26-2014, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The problem is wanting performance and a good price lol

There are a couple stickies at the top of this forum section that will help you get your PhD in the JK. Can read both in an hour and will wanna read it about three times lol.

Basically a cheaper lift will get you in the air but with consequences, most of which will be felt on the road. When you lift you change the geometry of your suspension which effects handling.

At 2.5" those effects are minimal but you may notice your wheels not being centered in the fenders which would need adjustable control arms or brackets which won't be included in a cheap kit, but at 2.5" you can prolly ignore that effect

Your front axle may not be perfectly centered under your jeep but you can get an adjustable track bar to fix that or new brackets, if you ignore this you will experience uneven tire wear.

If you decide to go any higher things get much more complicated, you can get by with a cheap 2.5" kit just don't ask it to feel like stock without buying some missing parts.

I welcome the dozens of people running 2.5" BBs to say they don't notice any diff and love the lift cause at the end of the day it's about what you experience, and not everyone feels the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Mod