Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Modification you regret. What do you wish you didn't do today?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebear
Ditto
How come? I'm looking at doing coil spacers over a lift.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

I regret not buying a teraflex monster track bar in the first place. Could a saved a few bucks in the long run....
Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MountJEEP
How come? I'm looking at doing coil spacers over a lift.
They're talking coilovers not coil spacers.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
i did not lift mine , very satisfied with were i am today . I havent done anything on impulse / We all get that itch when you see built jeeps on the forum. Its easy to envy some of these jks but you have to be realistic and live within your means & really decide on what you need over what yould like if your on a budget to some degree . Mine dosent have a ton of money into it , but it works fine for me and i think adding a little at a time you make better judgments on purchases . The jeep cost is the big cost. the add ons can be done in time and some times you realize , Glad i didnt buy that when i was going to

i can appreciate seeing some jeeps that are just built to the hilt , but most would be over kill for my needs
( The rubicon model has most all the features ill prob ever need ) i dont play on big rocks though.

well i did buy a 50.00 storage box that i cracked the lid on when i kneeled on it , lol guess i should have bought somthing a tad stronger to keep my shit in ( steel box ) im not done adding things , just slowly though im thinking these maybe ?? But no rush . Smittybilt - G.E.A.R. Front Seat Cover - Fits factory and most aftermarket seats from 1976 to 2015 - 4WD.com

Where did you get that rack from?
Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rock crawler side armor takes away some clearance.

I bought my Wrangler Unlimited without ever off-roading or knowing anything about off-roading. One of my immediate needs was needing running boards that I could stand on to put surfboards on the roof. i looked at some off-road sites and saw JKs with the same armor so I bought them before I took an beginners off-road class. The class was great given by Jeep4x4school.com in Big Bear. Soo, after taking the class and talking to the instructors, I should have gotten armor that did not take away any clearance. They don't go below the skid plates but do take away some room on the sided. I have gotten hung up on one side but just continued on with out a problem or mark on the armor. They have not been bad, I just would like more clearance.Click image for larger version

Name:	tower-16-2.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	617342
Old 07-09-2015, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Buying an expedition one rear bumper. I figured "Hell, this is one the most expensive bumpers out there, gotta be quality, right?" Wrong. Had it on for less than a year before the paint started peeling away. I figured being at the same price point as poison spyder the bumper and paint would be pretty nice because expedition one isn't a super well known name. Nebraska winters aren't that harsh and I wash my Jeep religiously. Not to mention the bumper rattles and the tailgate is a ***** to open. For $1400 it sure looks good. Best looking out there IMO, but horrible quality for that price.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

I wish I would have read the stickies on lifts and all the other stuff. Based on my off/on road driving I would have kept my jeep a little lighter. It was a Florida jeep so all flat but now it's a North Carolina jeep and that weight going up mountains plus a trailer puts a little wear on it.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After one day of driving with 35's and experiencing fender rub EVERYWHERE I went, I was super low on funds and bought one of the cheapest lifts I could find...The Rough Country 2.5" coil and shock combo for $300. On the ride home from installing it I instantly had a back ache and days later talked to guys with 3.5" lifts that didn't have to buy longer control arms, driveshafts, etc. So, wish I would have purchased a teraflex or like quality 3.5" lift.

Also, when I first purchased the JKU, saw some joe with a hi-lift on a tailgate hinge mount and thought it was the cats pajamas so I bought that setup the same day. 8 months later and ~50 wheeling/mudding trips later and it's never been used. Could have put the money towards a winch (needed one a couple times) or even some lightbars.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely a few

2011 Mojave JKU
» Buying a 2011 right before the new engines came out
» Buying a limited edition...knew I would sell it one day, scared to mess it up
» Not buying a Rubicon
» Not buying 35s

2015 Rubicon JKU
» Leather interior...didn't want but it had almost everything else I did and I was in a hurry (wet okoles = solved???)
» Not getting 4.10s...would have given me time before my neurosis kicked and I feel like I can't live without 5.13s
» Much larger budget and most mods on my list purchased right out the gate, no time or money to go use them at the moment :(

Misc
» Moving from the mountains to the midwest (99% private land)
Old 07-19-2016, 09:47 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Default How-To Tuesday

Seems like good How-To Tuesday material!
https://www.jk-forum.com/how-tos/a/j...cations-407954

Quick Reply: Modification you regret. What do you wish you didn't do today?