Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Money to spend

Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Money to spend

I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler X. All I have done to it is put a 2.5" Terraflex lift and 33s. I am looking to spend 500-600 dollars on my Jeep, but do not know what to do. I am interested in increase performance and MPG. I am looking into the superchip, but should I put a ram air or exhaust on next? Last but not least, I do not want to void my warranty. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the Forum. adding the exhaust most liekly won't void the warranty. and should help add to the hp and fuel economy. I plan on getting a new exhaust and debating on snorkel or cai. with the 33's you will notice some difference depending on the gears you have if they are the 3.73 then it is tolerable but would recomend going to lower gears to get the performance back. if tyou have the 3.21's then I def recomend the gears instead of the other mods. Over drive kicks in and out with mine and I have 3.73 and an auto and 33's I plan on going with 4.88's because I have a lot of weight added from the skids bumpers and sliders winch and plan on towing a small boat behind or a trail camping trailer something light and small but capable for what I need it for.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Just a couple of questions though.

1. Are you saying gears PLUS the superchip?

2. I have a X with tow package, and not sure what gears I have in it.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

with me Imma do my intake and exhaust first then gears and maybe the superchip last if needed. Im just trying to ge atleast the 15-19 mpg back instead of the 10-12 I get now.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, if you have the lift and the new tires I would suggest a new front bumper. It will definitely change the look of your rig!!! I have the superchips but its mostly a change in driving feeling than more HP...

Regearing would definitely help with the mileage, but maybe you want to put something you can see everyday with tha extra cash!!!

Here's my rig:
Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
JK Freak

My vote is snorkel. You get the best of both worlds. Function and looks. (Assuming you can find a snorkel that you like)
Old 09-21-2009, 12:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEV snorkel plus super-chips. You'll get protection for your engine, a cool new look, and an increase in drivability, mileage, and a corrected speedometer. Should be around $600 total. Eventually you'll want to re-gear, but that will set you up for the time being.

If you're looking to rock-crawl, I'd spend the money on rock rails.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

I would go with the supercips for performance, search some threads, everyone says they noticed the gain
Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

I would consider upgrading your driveshafts if you didn't do this when you did the lift. This will be an issue in the future and you certainly don't want to wait until one of them fails.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

I love my Hypertech Max Energy it did wonders for mine and you still have money left over for something else. As for the tow package I think you have a set of 4.10 gears because that's what's in my X model JK and my buddies.

Quick Reply: Money to spend