Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 2" Lift Kit Tips?

Old 10-05-2020, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I currently have 2 MOPAR lifts. The Gladiator 2" (+ coil spacers) and the JK 4". I like them both, the ride is great and the lifts are simple.

On the 2" lift I do wish it came with adjustable track bars. They're not needed but its nice to center the axle IMO. The ride is as good/better than stock and Fox makes great shocks, as most people know.

The following users liked this post:
Niteshooter (10-05-2020)
Old 02-21-2022, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been looking at this lift for my '13 2-door JK. Also been looking at the 2" OME Sport lift. How does this compare? I realize the OME lift will actually be closer to a true 2" lift in the light duty version, which is what I am considering. Also, it is quite a bit cheaper as well.

I am not looking to go crazy off-road but I do like to ride trails and sometimes there is no telling what you run into. Nothing that advanced but the occasional ruts, small logs and occasional rock here and there. One of my big concerns is the ride on the pavement. I like it firm but not where my kidneys are getting a pounding. It's a Wrangler and I understand that. That being said, I can deal with bumpy, just not banging me around even on mild roads. For reading nearly the entire thread it looks like the Mopar kit is good onroad. I am curious how the OME kit is and if anyone has any comparison between the 2. I probably only need the OME kit but I have read some mixed bag reviews on the shocks so that is the concern I have.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

OME is a good lift. Even the no load springs will net you more than 2" of lift unless you are a heavy rig. Their shocks ride nice with their coils. On road ride depends on what you do to fix what you screw up buy lifting the jeep no matter what brand, the tires you chose and your shocks. Off road you can have any shitty incomplete lift and it will do fine. On road for a good ride takes quality components and more components. You need caster correction (front lower adjustable control arms or relocation brackets), front and rear adjustable track bars, I would use a rear raised track bar bracket on the rear axle.
This is a good lift that will give you what you need:https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-2...lift-kits.html the rocksport shocks ride nice and have more travel than most. This kit would also do the trick but I would add the front adjsutable track bar and rear raised track bar bracket. If you jeep is stock it will give you 3"+ of lift.
Either of theses two lift would be what I would chose for your jeep with your stated driving and any kit you choose should have at least these same components in it to correct geometry and give you a good ride.

Quick Reply: Mopar 2" Lift Kit Tips?