Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Offroad Bumper

Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Offroad Bumper

I have the Mopar bumper that isn't drilled for the rear tire swing. I bought the tire swing and was wondering if someone who has the bumper with the swing could take some pictures of the holes for me. I plan on drilling the holes myself but any dimensions would help. I got the carrier for $412 from the dealer. I need to get the tire off of the tailgate before it warps it Thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Anyone got a bumper?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rocketman, I will get pics once the RubyJeep (Rhonda's Jeep) gets back later today. As she has the mopar rear bumper without the tire carrier.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're joking right? In order to take pic's of the holes it means taking the tire carrier OFF . Sorry brother but removing the spare, removing the carrier then re-assembling ain't gonna happen from me any time soon.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

The post the arm rotates on is approximately 1.5" in diameter.

These pictures might help.

You will need to make modifications for the latch mechanism as well.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

First of all, believe me that I'm not trying to pick on you, BUT, I checked at the place where I bought my Mopar OR rear (drilled for the carrier) and the difference is $13 vs the non-drilled. On-line at Wycoff Chrysler in NJ. I mean how much effort are you going to put into locating/drilling these holes. I realize that you already have this thing but a little forthought CAN go a long way. Best of luck!!

The drilled is $444 the non-drilled is $432 (shipping NOT included (but reasonable)) BTW the carrier is $410

Last edited by Michigan Mike; 02-23-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Michigan Mike
First of all, believe me that I'm not trying to pick on you, BUT, I checked at the place where I bought my Mopar OR rear (drilled for the carrier) and the difference is $13 vs the non-drilled. On-line at Wycoff Chrysler in NJ. I mean how much effort are you going to put into locating/drilling these holes. I realize that you already have this thing but a little forthought CAN go a long way. Best of luck!!

The drilled is $444 the non-drilled is $432 (shipping NOT included (but reasonable)) BTW the carrier is $410
Jeeps are BUILT not bought...
Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seal20
Jeeps are BUILT not bought...
Well since it OBVIOUS that ya'll made your bumper(s) yourself more power to ya. My skill level is certainly NOT as great as yours.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

I bought the rear bumper with my Jeep 2 yrs ago. I run the PSC wheels and they are very heavy. My tailgate rattling is driving me crazy. Tried the Daystar spacers and they are too short to do any good. If I start over it will cost me about $1,000. Like the man said "Jeeps are built, not bought". I was looking for someone that had the rear bumper without the carrier installed. I wasn't expecting anyone to take apart theirs. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Can anyone get me a picture showing where the 1-1/2" dia hole is drilled? I can drill the drivers side holes once I get the tire swing on.

Quick Reply: Mopar Offroad Bumper