Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar rear bumper w/tire carrier rattle fix

Old 08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar rear bumper w/tire carrier rattle fix

If yours rattles a lot at the latch like mine did, I found a fix. Go to the hardware store ask for a piece of 6”x 6” x1/8” rubber mat. I found mine in the plumbing section. Now cut to fit the stop ramp on the bumper and glue down. Also at the store ask for a plastic insert 5/8” ID,OD will be 3/4” founded in electrical section. This is for the latch pin hole, the pin is ½” ID. Drill out hole to ¾” and glue in plastic insert. Also there are no pictures, my dad always told me if you can read you can learn.

Sorry I just got a new laptop, and still learning keyboard.

Have a great day

Last edited by MonoCog; 08-24-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MonoCog
If yours rattles a lot at the latch like mine did, I found a fix. Go to the hardware store ask for a piece of 6”x 6” x1/8” rubber mat. I found mine in the plumbing section. Know cut to fit the stop ramp on the bumper and glue down. Also at the store ask for a plastic insect 5/8” ID,OD will be 3/4” founded in electrical section. This is for the latch pin hole, the pin is ½” ID. Drill out hole to ¾” and glue in plastic insect. Also there are no pictures, my dad always told me if you can read you can learn.

Have a great day

I can read, but it helps when the author can spell. "Know cut to fit...." I guess means....... Now, cut to fit, but what the hell are they doing with "a plastic insect" at the hardware store?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll check my hardware store for a 5/8" ID, 3/4" OD plastic insect in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 08-24-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Mopar rear bumper w/tire carrier rattle fix