Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Tow Bar

Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Tow Bar

Do not put the Mopar tow bar on your jeep. They are poorly designed and will fail. The first one I put on one of the pins broke. The bar was attached by only the passenger side pin and bent everything. FYI this happened at about 5 MPH making a slight turn.......I was lucky I was not going faster. Dealership gave me a replacement bar. They thought the first could have been defective. They put the bar on the second time. I test towed the jeep. While someone else drove I watched the bar. The mounts flex up to 1" allowing the bracket to place lots of pressure on the cheap pins and retaining clips. I feel this one will also fail. Unless you want your jeep to be upside down in a ditch I would NOT put one of these on my vehicle. I have seen the Blue Ox tow bar and bracket in person. It may cause clearance issues for some but this thing is bullet proof. It cost more but it is worth it to me. I will be getting the OX.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Happy Hooker
Do not put the Mopar tow bar on your jeep. They are poorly designed and will fail. The first one I put on one of the pins broke. The bar was attached by only the passenger side pin and bent everything. FYI this happened at about 5 MPH making a slight turn.......I was lucky I was not going faster. Dealership gave me a replacement bar. They thought the first could have been defective. They put the bar on the second time. I test towed the jeep. While someone else drove I watched the bar. The mounts flex up to 1" allowing the bracket to place lots of pressure on the cheap pins and retaining clips. I feel this one will also fail. Unless you want your jeep to be upside down in a ditch I would NOT put one of these on my vehicle. I have seen the Blue Ox tow bar and bracket in person. It may cause clearance issues for some but this thing is bullet proof. It cost more but it is worth it to me. I will be getting the OX.
You may want to post the warnings in a couple of the other tow bar threads too.

Personally, I have the Roadmaster and love it. The day we took delivery - the first drive was from the dealership to Camping World for the installation!

We have pushed it quite a bit already and have truly been able to see the advantages of the "all terrain" tow bar setup.

More pics in the gallery link to the left...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZToad
You may want to post the warnings in a couple of the other tow bar threads too.

Personally, I have the Roadmaster and love it. The day we took delivery - the first drive was from the dealership to Camping World for the installation!

We have pushed it quite a bit already and have truly been able to see the advantages of the "all terrain" tow bar setup.

More pics in the gallery link to the left...
Anybody else seen this issue? I have the mopar bar with no issues. Though, I may change out the pins with ones for a class 4 or 5 hitch since they are the same size.

Quick Reply: Mopar Tow Bar