Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mornin

Old 05-01-2019, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mornin

I need a little help........Not sure if I posted about my Hot Oil Light coming on and the po740 code........Been a crazy week.......What I am looking for is info on where to install a trans temp gauge sensor....Autometer to be exact.......I am also installing a B&M Supercooler and have not really been sucessful searching for the subject here...... I applogize if its been discussed to death............. My thoughts are ..................All of my life I have always monitored the temp in the return line so I could see the temp of the cooled oil........This tells me wether or not Im cooling efficiently or not........I have also seen people put the sensor in the side of the pan......... .Im looking for how you all do it...........You guys are impressive in your knowledge of all things JK so Im coming to you........... Thanks in advance
Old 05-01-2019, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Have you considered one of the scan gauges rather than installing a separate sensor?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...uestion-24370/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...cation-318095/
Old 05-02-2019, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

They are kinda spendy
Old 05-03-2019, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sensor

So after I installed the cooler I decided to put the sensor inline right after the cooler so I bought 2- 3/8" barb to barb fittings at the harware store some clamps of corse and a 1/4" brass T then a small reducer fron the 1/4" to the 1/8" sensor......Put the fittings together to make a T ........... I mounted it right after the Cooler behind the grill ......The only downfall is I will have to route a wire from there all the way to the A pillar for the Pod thats coming.