Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Most Flex out of 2.5 Lift

Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Flex out of 2.5 Lift

I have an 08 unlimited with a 2.5 TF BB. I really want to get more flex out of it withough going to much higher in lift. I know I need to replace the front boosters with true coils, and also add some coil retainers. But is there anything else I need? What coils would you recommend I want it to level the front so about a 3in coil. I also needs shocks but I am on a tight budget so any recommendations for the best cheaper shock would also be helpful. I have already searched it all and I'm tryig to get the opinions in one plae.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also know that I need o order some disconnects.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

With your set up...
Stage 1: Sway bar disco's and Extend Brake Lines
if you want more flex...
Stage 2: Longer Shocks, Longer Coils, Remove Rear Sway Bar

My setup listed below, even using a TF budget boost, got lots of flex. I can still flex up another 6" before rear wheel lifts...
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by robbyprc
I have an 08 unlimited with a 2.5 TF BB. I really want to get more flex out of it withough going to much higher in lift. I know I need to replace the front boosters with true coils, and also add some coil retainers. But is there anything else I need? What coils would you recommend I want it to level the front so about a 3in coil. I also needs shocks but I am on a tight budget so any recommendations for the best cheaper shock would also be helpful. I have already searched it all and I'm tryig to get the opinions in one plae.
If you want the most travel you can get, you'll need longer brake lines or brake line bracket extensions (can be made for under $5 at Lowes or Home Depot).

Coil spring retainers or travel limiting straps so your springs don't pop out when you droop. Retainers are frowned upon because they can put undue stress on parts of the spring, but many people still use them.

Buy used shocks. I just bought a set of 4" RC 2.2 shocks from a member with few miles for $105 shipped. They are in great condition.

You can buy shocks for a larger lift, and put in larger bump stops. That way you can go down more, but won't damage shock on other side by overcompressing. You can make your own bumpstops out of Wood or Hockey Pucks or Metal for a hellova lot cheaper than buying.

With the coils, pretty much all 2.5" coil lifts net 3" of gain on Unlimiteds. TF has great reputation and you can probably pick up a slight used set of front springs for $100, then sell your spacers for $50-$100.

Last edited by Delux2769; 10-09-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emiles1987
With your set up...
Stage 1: Sway bar disco's and Extend Brake Lines
if you want more flex...
Stage 2: Longer Shocks, Longer Coils, Remove Rear Sway Bar

My setup listed below, even using a TF budget boost, got lots of flex. I can still flex up another 6" before rear wheel lifts...

What exactly do you have? You have the perfect amount of flex for me. I have the TF BB. I want whatever you have!?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robbyprc
What exactly do you have? You have the perfect amount of flex for me. I have the TF BB. I want whatever you have!?
I started with a 2.5" TF Budget Boost then acquired a 2.5" TF Coils & font/rear JKS adjustable trackbars from a great friend!

To combine I had to do the following:
-Extend Brake Lines ($80)
-Front Lower/Front Upper/Rear Lower/Rear Upper TF Control Arms ($900+/-)
-Four Bilstein Shocks for 5"-6" Lift ($89ea)
-ABS Lines had to pull some slack out (2 minutes of my time)
-Bump stops (about $80 - or use hockey pucks)
*I still need to do a drag link flip in the near future.

Quick Reply: Most Flex out of 2.5 Lift