Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Moving to 37's.....need help on a tire

Old 11-26-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to 37's.....need help on a tire

Alright guys,

I've got the Jeep ready to mount up 37's and I've narrowed it down to a few different tire choices. I want a mud terrain with pretty good on road manners as well. I do a lot of road trips in the Jeep so on road drive is pretty important to me too.

I've been looking at the Goodyear MTR w/Kevlar, the BFG KM2's, and the Toyo Open Country MT. They all seem like good tires but can you guys give me some feedback on how you like them with pros and cons? The only issue I see with the Toyo is the 13.5" width. I'm currently running 35's with 12.5" width and I don't have any issues with rubbing but do you think I'll need spacers with the Toyo's? I'm running ProComp Xtreme Alloy 7189's with 4.75" of backspacing.

Would you guys recommend any other tire? Let me know guys! I'm ready to do this
Old 11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Junkie

hey check out Procomp tires, Xtremem mud terrain and the xterrain i have great road manners with the xterrain and they offer it in a 37x13.00
Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

I should have mentioned I'm currently running ProComp Xtreme AT and I've had good results with them but looking for something a little different. What does everyone think of the ProComp line?
Old 11-26-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

from what i have read on here it is splitting hairs between the tires

i've rode in a jeep with the MTR's, it ran like a tank, and drove good on the road.

i have no first hand experience with the other 2 tires, but i haven't heard anything bad about them.

i'm leaning towards the toyo's myself, b/c of the sidewall strength.

i cut my stock rubi tires 3 times on the sidewalls so i'm terrified of buying BFG's again
Old 11-26-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rubious
from what i have read on here it is splitting hairs between the tires

i've rode in a jeep with the MTR's, it ran like a tank, and drove good on the road.

i have no first hand experience with the other 2 tires, but i haven't heard anything bad about them.

i'm leaning towards the toyo's myself, b/c of the sidewall strength.

i cut my stock rubi tires 3 times on the sidewalls so i'm terrified of buying BFG's again
You know I had nothing bt problems with my stock rubi tires as well. but I have run alot of BFG tires and never had a problem for years just with these stockers
Old 11-26-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

My KM2s have been awesome. Ride smooth on road, great off-road. Couldn't be happier. The Pro Comp Mud Terrains and Xtreme Mud Terrains are real nice tires. But, I gotta say, my KM2s are the best
Old 11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

The KM2's are the cheapest of the 3 tires I mentioned and the Toyo's are about $250 more per set. The MTR's are right in the middle though. Also, the Toyo's appear to be load rated E but I can't tell for sure. I'm pretty sure the ride would be a bit harsh with an E rated tire.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jdahlum
I should have mentioned I'm currently running ProComp Xtreme AT and I've had good results with them but looking for something a little different. What does everyone think of the ProComp line?
I really like my xtreme MT's, I got around 35-40,000 on my 35's.

the only issue with the MT's, they Chunk pretty good when hot spinning on rocks.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have tried 37'' KM2's and Bfg krawlers and now Toyos. I have to say as far as road manners i like my toyos better
Old 11-27-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

toyo's got my vote

Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	33380

Quick Reply: Moving to 37's.....need help on a tire