Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mr. Grille Aluminum Grille in Black

Old 06-09-2007, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Grille Aluminum Grille in Black

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_0002.htm

anyone know if somewhere like home depot would have matterial to make a grill like this? 80 bucks sounds a little expensive... But i really like the black vertical better then some mesh grills ive seen. So i may just buy it since its cut to fit and all.

Last edited by mlbplayer86; 06-10-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/grill-mod-4194/
Old 06-10-2007, 12:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

i saw that topic, i didnt see anyone post about this one though
Old 06-10-2007, 02:38 AM
JK Freak

I need a bug screen. I wonder if I could attach some screen
to the back of the Mr. Grille.

Does George Foreman endorse this?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice look.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

i think so too, probably look really good on my silver
Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caligirl
I ordered these on ebay in brushed aluminum and I didn't like the way the looked at all. They sit on top on the grille when they would look so much better mounted on the inside.
So you're saying they are installed from the front? Does that mean they are held in place by some sort of backing plate and/or mount that sandwiches the jeep grill between the billet grill components?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by John L
So you're saying they are installed from the front? Does that mean they are held in place by some sort of backing plate and/or mount that sandwiches the jeep grill between the billet grill components?
Just installed mine today. The second set is going on the XJ Cherkee tomorrow.
I like the brushed alum. look although I thought black would be better.Then I looked at the silver rims,logos,badges,antenae,door key bezels and there seemed to be almost as much silver as black right from the factory. You also have to take into account stone damage chipping and pocking a painted finish even if you stay on the highway.
The reason I'm putting the things on in the first place is because I just put the second new rad in the XJ due to stone damage. Ya gotta love being behind a dump or cement truck after they leave a construction site.

They do mount from the front and look at your existing grille-the openings are cupped so they actually sit in place. There's a backing bar top and bottom that cap screws attach the fascia pieces to.
Total install time for me was 2 hours which included removing the grille for the first time and screwing around trying to figure out how to unplug the underhood lamp.

Diamond screening could easily be sandwiched in place between the grille and backing plates but this stuff is way better than the pics show so I think it would be unnecessary.

I too loked into the other grille mods and even bought some of the materials, but honestly Im impressed by these.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Just installed mine today. The second set is going on the XJ Cherkee tomorrow.
I like the brushed alum. look although I thought black would be better.Then I looked at the silver rims,logos,badges,antenae,door key bezels and there seemed to be almost as much silver as black right from the factory. You also have to take into account stone damage chipping and pocking a painted finish even if you stay on the highway.
The reason I'm putting the things on in the first place is because I just put the second new rad in the XJ due to stone damage. Ya gotta love being behind a dump or cement truck after they leave a construction site.

They do mount from the front and look at your existing grille-the openings are cupped so they actually sit in place. There's a backing bar top and bottom that cap screws attach the fascia pieces to.
Total install time for me was 2 hours which included removing the grille for the first time and screwing around trying to figure out how to unplug the underhood lamp.

Diamond screening could easily be sandwiched in place between the grille and backing plates but this stuff is way better than the pics show so I think it would be unnecessary.

I too loked into the other grille mods and even bought some of the materials, but honestly Im impressed by these.
That sounds like it mounts up good, do you think they will scratch the cupped places in the factory grill? I'd sure like to see some pics of your install, glad you like them.
Did you buy them from Qtec?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Former Member

They mount as securely as you'd like them , so being firmly in place I can't foresee them moving around a lot causing paint problems. Also the painted plastic is pretty soft so the paint flecking off shouldn't be a problem.
One way or another I feel more secure with my grill protected.
Only time will tell but one way or another the plactic itself is bound to be dinged by flying objects.

Sorry no pics but a digital cam is on the shopping list.

The install method for the JK is far superior than that for the XJ. I'm going to pick up materials to bring that one up to be as good as the JK's. Plus it was $5 more-makes me wonder why.

Bought them direct from manufacturer off Ebay before I knew they were available anywhere else.

Last edited by 101gargoyles; 06-23-2007 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Mr. Grille Aluminum Grille in Black