Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience with 37s on a D30/D44

Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A D30 housing is identical to the D44 housing the pumpkin is larger and houses a 44 instead of a 30
This is 100% true. A D44 housing isn't any damned stronger than a 30. As you have pointed out, the issue is the ring and pinion size.

really? wow
Elaborate?? Are you being condescending or just thinking aloud?

My caster isn't off that much,
Define "much". If were talking one or two degrees then it probably ins't a big deal. 4 or more and it is a real problem. Honestly, fixing that C will prolong the life of those expensive 37's and should be a cheap fix. You and a buddy could do it with the right tools and some proper measurements.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Artec truss on a D30. Including their c gussets, lca skids and track bar bracket.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1895398652.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	368176   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-791419996.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	368177  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tvernon
I have been telling people this for years, and most people still wont listen. However, your lift height shouldn't matter too much so I would just keep the springs you have. To fix your C's, heat em up and beat them back into submission until they're in spec. You can do this, or take it to a colision shop to do it for you. Another option would be to buy a "brand new" D30 carrier. Most junk yards would give them away just to get them off their lots and all of your internals would still be good. But with that, ditch those C gussets and axle sleeves which do little to no real good. Artec makes a killer D 30 truss That would solve the strength issues.

If I were in your situation I would buy a new D30 housing for the time being, and then the truss for a 200 bucks.

Just my .02. Good post.
Why waste money putting a truss on a D30, when the issue is the strength of the small ring and pinion gear. Complete waste of money IMO. I would throw some gussets on it and wheel the crap out of it while you save for a D44/60

Quick Reply: My experience with 37s on a D30/D44