Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My jk.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My jk.

I just bough a used 07 jeep jk X 2door with hardtop. It already had a 4" teraflex lift and 37x13.5r18 Mickey Thomson all-terrains. It's my daily driver. I wanna have fun crawlin to. What are some tips/ ideas thy I can do to turn it into the ultimate rig? Lockers, sway disconnects, ect?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

how many miles are on it? does it look like its been off road before?

with a dana 30 up front i'd be surprised if it lasts too long with you off road. I would recommend finding a new axle up front, or going back down to 35's.

But if you disagree, I would def get your self some sway bar quick disconnects. Teraflex, JKS, a number of vendors make them.

Then general recovery gear. Recovery straps, D rings, shovel. First off I would find a club that wheels near you and hook up with them.

And down the road if you feel the need for lockers.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rafi
how many miles are on it? does it look like its been off road before?

with a dana 30 up front i'd be surprised if it lasts too long with you off road. I would recommend finding a new axle up front, or going back down to 35's.

But if you disagree, I would def get your self some sway bar quick disconnects. Teraflex, JKS, a number of vendors make them.

Then general recovery gear. Recovery straps, D rings, shovel. First off I would find a club that wheels near you and hook up with them.

And down the road if you feel the need for lockers.
Wow. A d30 gusseted at the c's will be fine. Just go easy on the gas. Don't lock a 30 up though. Unless your a talented wheeler and careful it's a ticking time bomb.

Look at control arms (full traction makes a bolt on long arm kit, way cool!) if you still have stock arms.

Discos and recovery gear should be your #1 purchases if you don't have them though.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go down and have your favorite shop give you a quote. Then pick and choose what you want to do. I can tell you the ultimate would be built around a set of D60 axels.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Wow. A d30 gusseted at the c's will be fine. Just go easy on the gas. Don't lock a 30 up though. Unless your a talented wheeler and careful it's a ticking time bomb.

Wow what? I bet there are a lot of people that would agree with me that 37's on a d30 probably isnt a great idea. Do-able? sure... obviously on road it can be done. But you said it yourself.. go easy on the gas... that can be said about anything.

I can "wow" right back at you... I have a locked d30 and have wheeled it reasonably hard, and its fine...

Just my opinion, and letting the OP know that 37's on a d30 might not be a great idea off road.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the new to you Jeep. I also bought a used 07 2 door. Love it!! They are awesome once you mod them a bit. Sounds like yours came pretty modded.

I too think 37's are a bit big on the Dana 30. Especially if you air them down. The amount of additional leverage you gain by airing down is amazing. At the very least I would weld in the EVO front axle tubes & weld on the EVO "C" gussets.
After I finished mine I marveled at how much beefier my little 30 was.

I also agree with the above post. I would keep the front diff open. But by all means lock the rear. You'll be amazed at where you can go with the rear end locked up.

Deffinately get the JKS front swaybar discos.
Got any pics???

Have fun!!!

(Don't forget the pics!!)
Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

x2 or 3 or 4 on beefing up that front 30, or moving to a 44. If you want some extra traction up there, consider a trutrac instead of a locker.

You might also want to crawl underneath and take a close look at the driveshafts. 4" TF lifts are known to give somewhere close to 6" of lift on 2doors. At that height, I wouldn't be too surprised if both of your shafts were spitting grease, especially if the lift has been on for a while.

Disconnects are great, and very inexpensive for the functionality they provide. Definitely grab a set.

Also, take a look at that rear axle. It would suck if you were one of the lucky ones that got a D35. (then again, rubi axles were options in 07, so you could already have 44's with lockers... )
Old 12-26-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

First thing you need to go get a Ripp Supercharger. Then you will be a bad ass
Old 12-27-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found that I got Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear new generation. I did look for scratches under and on the frame, NO PAINT MISSING. it's got 27,000 miles on it!!!!!! It was some rich guys show car and there isn't even a scratch on the paint job. Sat in guys driveway tarped most of year. The 37" mickeys are my daily driver tires. I want to get 35x12.5 iroks mabey for offroad only sitting on some steel 15? I need to know if there is a group of jja around my area!!!!! I live in Missouri.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also.... Guy had after market driveshafts put on. Stuff is heavy duity and they have little extensions to prevent binding, front axel driveshaft too.... I don't kno how to add pic's of my jeep on here? Help? I just got this as an app yesterday.