Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My JK Rubi build Project

Old 04-29-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My JK Rubi build Project

Howdy, new member, new build. I want to document what I am going to do and get your opinions.

I just got done with my 1999 TJ rockcrawler, so I needed a new project. It is a JK 4 door rubi.

Phase 1:
RE 4.5" Longarm kit
37" Toyo MT
Walker Evan beadlocks
5.13 gears

Phase 2:
Fab Four Bumpers
Warn 9.5Ti Winch with synthetic rope
Custom Rockers
Tube Fenders

I have been going back and forth on the tires. This is mostly a road Jeep, but will be driven in some rocks. My choices are: GY MTRS, BFG MT, Toyo MT, and Nitto Mud Grapplers. I picked Toyo's because of cost. Any comments or ideas are greatly appreciated! I will detail the build as I do it if y'all iinterested.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:23 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chip
Howdy, new member, new build. I want to document what I am going to do and get your opinions.

I just got done with my 1999 TJ rockcrawler, so I needed a new project. It is a JK 4 door rubi.

Phase 1:
RE 4.5" Longarm kit
37" Toyo MT
Walker Evan beadlocks
5.13 gears

Phase 2:
Fab Four Bumpers
Warn 9.5Ti Winch with synthetic rope
Custom Rockers
Tube Fenders

I have been going back and forth on the tires. This is mostly a road Jeep, but will be driven in some rocks. My choices are: GY MTRS, BFG MT, Toyo MT, and Nitto Mud Grapplers. I picked Toyo's because of cost. Any comments or ideas are greatly appreciated! I will detail the build as I do it if y'all iinterested.

I like everything but the bumpers, id go with something more stubby.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

I am running Toyo MT 35". Got to admit they are some of the best MT tires I have ever used. They have better road manners then most AT tires, very little noise. Have not had them in any deep mud yet, but from what I have played in they done good , I do not rock climb so no help there.

Got to agree with TEV on the bumper choice.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

I have looked at the Warn Bumpers - don't like them for the JK. I also looked at AEV and a two others but don't remember the name. What choices are there?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chip
I have looked at the Warn Bumpers - don't like them for the JK. I also looked at AEV and a two others but don't remember the name. What choices are there?

Lots of choices, depends on what you want. This is a good place to begin looking: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-jk-bumpers/

I prefer the stubby look as well.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I think I like Shrockworks bumper and it is here in Houston, so that cuts some cost out. Still trying to find a rear bumper I like though. I have been seeing a LoD or something bumper talked about, but I haven't found pricing on it.

Quick Reply: My JK Rubi build Project