My outside tailgate VENT FLAPS fell apart? - Page 2

My outside tailgate VENT FLAPS fell apart?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NVW-SSV View Post
    Is the part # different for 2007-2009? I have an '08 and I'm going to need one in the near future
    There is a different shape for some years--but as you can see it's not very expensive. 05065432AC is for 2007.

Thanks Mark.
    2008 Red Rock GAS GUZZLER auto 4 dr
    2.5" TeraFlex Coil lift
    Bilstein 5100s
    Cooper AT/3 315/70/17
    Stock Wheels
    Rugged Ridge 1.5" spacers
    VDP bumper end caps
    Rancho Oil Pan skid
    Poison Spyder Evap Skid
    Infinity Basslink II w/ optional amplifier for...
    Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers front & soundbar
    Grill gutter guard DIY
    Mirrors drilled
    Superchips Flaspaq

I had a very bad dust leak in the back of my 08 too and found a little rubber flap laying on my garage floor. That got my curiosity and I found the tailgate exhauster only had 1 of the ten flaps it should have. So I just got the new one and it is the 5065432AC part#. $20.25 from Jeep. I was sad to find the new one is exactly like the first one so I can expect the same problem in the future as well. Jeep obviously knew there was a problem so instead of fixing this one they changed to a better size and style in 2011. I'm sorry the new one won't fit my 2008. The good news is you only have to remove the spare tire. The bracket can stay in place with ample room to remove the old and install the new. I know I will be dust free for a while anyway.

I had my square vent panel fall apart when I was installing a cb antenna and the Jeep was less than a year old...

Matthew

2012 JK 2 Door, EVO Protek Skid Plate System, Goodyear MTR/K's 37/12.5/17",Dynatrac Pro Rock d44 and Pro Rock d60 with 5.13 gearing and ARB lockers, BDS 4" Lift, Ace Bolt-on Rock Rails, Ace Front Stubby Bumper with stinger, Ace Proline Rear Bumper w/Tire carrier and Jerry can gasoline carrier accessory, Truck Lite headlights, Rigid Dually D2 Backup Light and Rigid Dually D1 Lights in bumper fog light openings
    www.archiesoffroad.com www.northridge4x4.com

Foo

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Thank you!
    07 Yellow Rubi 4 door
    - 2.5 Rock Krawler

- OR-FAB Tire Carrier w/Wedco Fuel and Water Jerry Cans

- XHD Front Stuby
    - Xenon Narrow
    - Superchip
    - Pro Comp Series 8128
    - 5.13 gears and 35/1250x17 MT/R Kevlar (7 years!) Now with BF Goodrich T/A 35x12.50x17 (Not metric).
    - Synergy Suspension Tie-Rod/Drag Link, Fox ATS!
    - Black HotHead Headliner
    - SmityBilt X2O 10,000 lbs

Finished Pictures-> My Jeep!
    Parts-> http://www.northridge4x4.com/ Northridge Rocks!

I duct taped mine off and placed a PS tramp stamp over it. Been fine for a few years now.

JK Enthusiast

You can seal it off if you have a soft top, lots of room in the fabric and zippers for air to escape from. You cannot run without it on the hard top. Your heater basically doesn't work without it and the doors won't want to close without lowering a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass View Post
    You can seal it off if you have a soft top, lots of room in the fabric and zippers for air to escape from. You cannot run without it on the hard top. Your heater basically doesn't work without it and the doors won't want to close without lowering a window.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Very true, I have witnessed it.

JK Enthusiast

Heh, I was speaking from experience... I put a new tire carrier on in the spring right after the soft top went on. It blocked the vent. I was modifying the vent plate on the driveway in the middle of November trying to get heat in my Jeep again!

Quote Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass View Post
    Heh, I was speaking from experience... I put a new tire carrier on in the spring right after the soft top went on. It blocked the vent. I was modifying the vent plate on the driveway in the middle of November trying to get heat in my Jeep again!
    ^^

My vent was in terrible shape after 3 years of being garage kept. I can see how the little flaps fall off so easily as they are very fragile to begin with, but what got me was the condition of the outer seal which had really deteriorated. I relocated my plate with a PS tramp stamp and removed that vent while routing the electrical to my plate lights. it's barely sitting in place now. Can't tell cuz the tramp stamp, but what a pos. The outside seal was as useful as stretched out elastic on a pair of old gym shorts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast