Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My treadwright/dynabeads experience

Old 04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My treadwright/dynabeads experience

So I've been waiting a while to post this, but here goes... I was looking for this info when I went this direction, so maybe someone else will find it useful.

I have an 08 unlimited with stock suspension, and went with Procomp 16" 7069s. Tires were pretty shot after 75,000, and I ran treadwrights when they were hi-tec retread, and they were great tires. I ordered the 33" (275/75/16 maybe? Can't remember exactly) Guard Dogs. When they came in, beautiful tire for a retread. I had done some research on dynabeads and ordered those as well to give them a try. Got them mounted and balanced and man, did the ride suck. Sometimes it would be fairly smooth, but most times, not at all. I thought well, maybe it's the beads and I'm stuck with it til I rebalance, but wasn't entirely sure. Then I ordered the same tires for my suburban and had them balanced traditional... Rode like a dream. So I take the jeep in to get them rebalanced, telling them I want the stick on weights cuz my wheels are black. Pick her up and what the crap... Standard wheel weights sticking out like a sore thumb on my purty black wheels. I complained, and they said they tried, but the tires wouldn't balance with stick ons. But she rides smooth as butter now. So, do dynabeads work? Dunno... Try them on new tires. Do I like treadwrights? Absolutely. But don't get them if you don't want wheel weights. Will 33's fit on stock suspension? Perfectly. Do I have to go buy a can of flat black spray paint to disguise the albatrosses hanging off my black wheels? Sadly, yes.

Hope that helps anyone curious!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's the tires. If they couldn't balance with stock on weights, I don't think dynabeads were going to work.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jksooner
I think it's the tires. If they couldn't balance with stock on weights, I don't think dynabeads were going to work.
Would love to see a pic of your wheels and tires on the truck. Im a big fan of those pro-comps.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

My Treadwrights balanced just fine with stick on weights..if theres an issue with the tires have them replaced...
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pic of wheels... Sans weights.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2183452061.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	154660  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coondog33
My Treadwrights balanced just fine with stick on weights..if theres an issue with the tires have them replaced...
Where did you get them balanced?

Quick Reply: My treadwright/dynabeads experience