Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help/advice

Old 03-08-2008, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/advice

Still new to the aftermarket "stuff" and was wondering, 2 things...1. what is the minimum backspacing that I need for aftermarket wheels. I have found a set with 4.5" backspacing and was wondering if that will work and second, I was told by a 4X4 shop that a 2-2.5" lift will give me a bad ride and that I need to go a minimum of 3". I have seen on here that many of you have 2.5" lifts...do you have any issues with the ride? Looking forward to getting help from y'all in the future.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

Backspacing requirements are different for tire width used. 4.5" will be fine in most applications unless you go beyond a 12" tire.

As for the 2 to 2.5 bb's providing a bad ride... you have hundreds of people on here that will tell you that is BS...me being one of them.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. I was looking at 35's which have a 12.50" width. My guess is that I need to either have a larger backspace or a spacer with these wheels, correct?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

I will have to defer to others on that. I know you can run 12" with 4.5 but not sure about about how large you can go. I am sure others will chime in and let you know.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks again for the info. Appreciate the help.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

What kind of lifts do you suggest? I have heard different stories from different people and am trying to get all the info to make an informed decision to include price and funtionality.

Quick Reply: Need help/advice