Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help--Bottoming out after lift

Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap that's bumpstop overkill , cut off 1/2 in at a time and you should be able to get them out or bring it back to your lift installer and tell them to fix it.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nevermind the cutting get new bump stops instead!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Holy crap that's bumpstop overkill , cut off 1/2 in at a time and you should be able to get them out or bring it back to your lift installer and tell them to fix it.
Well...my husband and I installed them, so it will be us fixing it! I think Daystar may have sent me the wrong length of bumpstops. We definitely don't want to pull the coils out again, so we'll probably try to cut off a little and see what happens.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

i installed the tf bb yesterday and just went out and looked and the yellow bumpstops are very close to the bottom plate....like an inch....could this be because i have not changed the front swaybar links with the rears? I still have the stock front ones on cuz when i did it the instructions (wayoflifes and teraflexs) diddnt mention switching rears to the front.

anyone know if simply switching sway bar links will help?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

no i can probably get one, but it is kinda dark here....it is very close, inch or so......i installed the factory yellow bumpstop onto tf one, just like writeup said....just looks to me to be waaay too close.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cormac827
i installed the tf bb yesterday and just went out and looked and the yellow bumpstops are very close to the bottom plate....like an inch....could this be because i have not changed the front swaybar links with the rears? I still have the stock front ones on cuz when i did it the instructions (wayoflifes and teraflexs) diddnt mention switching rears to the front.

anyone know if simply switching sway bar links will help?
Switching sway bar links shouldnt make a difference with the clearance. I just measured mine and I have just about 2" between the front bumpstops and the axle pad. I think thats about what it was stock too. Which would make sense since you really dont get any added flex outa a BB. I havent had any bottoming out problems yet. Of course I didnt follow Tyler at Rausch last time! lol
Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
JK Super Freak

ahh ok, interesting...we will see this saturday i guess! haha
Old 12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
JK Junkie

ahh ok, interesting...we will see this saturday i guess! haha

hahaha, Im sure Tyler will help you "test" it! Im trying to talk my wife into following him this time, but she is kinda nervous after seeing pics from what you guys did. oh well, I got a week to convince her!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:41 PM
JK Super Freak

yeah def, i did it with no lift and stock good years last time! you will be just fine!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
JK Junkie

yeah def, i did it with no lift and stock good years last time! you will be just fine!
I know, thats what I keep tellin her. We did some blues in the afternoon (she didnt know they were blues until we finished lol) and she got through them no problem. She is just thinkin about it too much! Maybe we'll do greens again in the morning and then meet up in the afternoon with you guys.

Quick Reply: Need help--Bottoming out after lift