Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with getting the right suspension..

Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with getting the right suspension..

I'm a new member here and am getting a new 4-door delivered first thing in the morning, so I'm now looking into getting the right mods to beef this thing up and learn a lot as this seems to be a very knowledgeable site..

I want to it lift up, but still want it to drive as goo, or better, than it is stock mainly because my wife will be driving it with the kids.. And the main reason is I really don't want to hear the bitching and complaining... I won't be doing any serious off-roading at all, but we go to the beach a lot... We can drive out onto the beach itself here, so we do have get through some very soft sand and dunes that regularly get the typical 4x4 stuck.. So, what is the best way to for a suspension lift in these circumstances? I've read a lot of great things about the OME kits and how they ride quite a bit better than the stock setups.. What do you guys think?

Here's the look I love, but the guy how had it had no idea what was done to the Jeep as the person he bought it from did all the mods to it..

Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Junkie

For mainly road and beach use I would go with the OME kit from Northridge with track bars and get some wheels with 4.5 back spacing and a decent AT tire that is 12" wide for a better footprint in the sand.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

No heavy off roading then go with a 2" bb ( budget boost ).
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you'll be happy with a bb. now if you have the money, go for the ome kit as they mentined before.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rws
I've read a lot of great things about the OME kits and how they ride quite a bit better than the stock setups.. What do you guys think?

I's not all hype about the OME's riding better than stock. They are just flat out better than stock. Wife tested and approved. But she now wants me to paint the shocks.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
I's not all hype about the OME's riding better than stock. They are just flat out better than stock. Wife tested and approved. But she now wants me to paint the shocks.
LOL.. That's too funny, yet I have a funny feeling i'll be in the same boat.. But that's great to hear about the ride as my wife will be using the Jeep all the time to hit the beach with the the kids... She'll be pleased...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

From looking closely at that pic heres what I can tell you. It has right at 3 inches of lift. The wheels are 17 inch Procomps (those look like 17x9's) and 35 inch tires. I say for what you want the Full Traction 3 inch premium kit would suit you right.

Ty
Old 06-09-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

ome fo sure
Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think ome too. if anybody has ever complaint about a stiff ride ,it has been a full traction lift.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go in the "Show & Tell" section and there are two threads you should look for and will be in the top 10 columns...look for "Show your 33s" and "Show your 35s" The people not only show pics, but they also list what tires and lifts they have.

So it depends what tire you want I think...Want a 35" than go with the OME lift or any other 3" lift. If you want like stock or 33" than I would just do a BB...that's what I did and I love mine. I offroad every other weekend too and my 33's and BB are doing their job.

But go into show and tell and check out the pics, you'll find what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Need help with getting the right suspension..