Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help on Mods for JK

Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on Mods for JK

Hey all,

I have just ordered some parts for my JK and need some help with a few questions.

I have ordered the Warn front and rear with Tire Carrier but after reading a few posts here, i keep seeing that its saggs the JK.

Currently i have no lift as i am still looking for the best lift that is available for the JK.

So what can i do for the time beeing to help the sagging? Are the warns really that heavy? I mean when o had them on my old TJ before the lift they were fine.

Someone said to add heavy duty shocks to keep it level.

I have a Sahara Hard top.

I installed the Borla Single cat back and just waiting for Borla to make the headers, i have also ordered the K&N FIKP and other parts that are on the way

I noticed that Banks have released there Headers but im just waiting for Borla as they always give there dyno info once they are released.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, they really are that heavy and the added weight will cause your Jeep to sag a bit but what would you expect? Your cheapest and best solution to keeping your ride height the same is to install a set of 3/4" spacers. Heavy duty shocks won't do squat to keep your ride height up.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 AM
-

oi... yo or AZCA need to change your avatar.. you both have the same one and JEEP on your name
Old 09-07-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Caboose
oi... yo or AZCA need to change your avatar.. you both have the same one and JEEP on your name
Consider it Done
Old 09-07-2007, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yes, they really are that heavy and the added weight will cause your Jeep to sag a bit but what would you expect? Your cheapest and best solution to keeping your ride height the same is to install a set of 3/4" spacers. Heavy duty shocks won't do squat to keep your ride height up.

So would the B.B do the trick?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Jeep 007
So would the B.B do the trick?
Sure, but seeing as how a BB will lift your Jeep about 2" and the weight of your mods will most likely cause your Jeep to sag about an inch, you will most likely end up with about an inch over stock when all is said and done
Old 09-07-2007, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Sure, but seeing as how a BB will lift your Jeep about 2" and the weight of your mods will most likely cause your Jeep to sag about an inch, you will most likely end up with about an inch over stock when all is said and done
That will do me fine untill i decide on a lift, as at the moment i am confused on the current lift kits available, When i was going to order full traction i was advised to go for the RE as the sales rep said its much better then FT any day. So i am jut buying time to see what is really worth the $$$
Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

When i buy a lift kit i want it to have all the parts i.e upper lower arms, front rear traction bars the full deal nothing to be added. I also dont want to upgrade the shafts yet untill there due for change.

By the way my jeep dealer says that my 2Dr Sahara has 4.10 gear ratio but i doubt that and still waiting for a confirmation on that info. I know i have a Dana 44 in the rear and a Dana 30 in the front thats for sure.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

That will do me fine untill i decide on a lift, as at the moment i am confused on the current lift kits available, When i was going to order full traction i was advised to go for the RE as the sales rep said its much better then FT any day. So i am jut buying time to see what is really worth the $$$
Ummm, did the sales rep explain why? Honestly, BB's are pretty much all the same and I can't see how one could be much better than the next especially since both the Full Traction and Rubicon Express kits are designed to level out your factory rake. The only difference between them is in the additional components you will get and the type of shocks they offer.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:58 AM
JK-Forum Founder

By the way my jeep dealer says that my 2Dr Sahara has 4.10 gear ratio but i doubt that and still waiting for a confirmation on that info. I know i have a Dana 44 in the rear and a Dana 30 in the front thats for sure.
Do you know if you have the tow package with your Jeep? If so, you do have 4.10's

Quick Reply: Need help on Mods for JK