Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help picking a lift

Old 09-23-2016, 07:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lloydsmale

PACKAGE: **DISCONTINUED BLOW OUT PRICING** Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod + Bilstein 5100s (Options Available) Looking at this lift. Does it come with brake line extensions or brackets to extend them?
The Stock Mod does not address brake lines. We can add anything you would like to the package. Send me a message or call me if you have any questions - 832-526-2415

Marcus
Old 09-23-2016, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

by the time I add bump stops and address the brakes I'm in the price point as the terraflex kit with 2.0 fox shocks. Can you tell me whats superior and worth the added expense with your kit. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. Its just that I'm retired and on a fixed income and every dollar matters
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad
The Stock Mod does not address brake lines. We can add anything you would like to the package. Send me a message or call me if you have any questions - 832-526-2415

Marcus

Last edited by lloydsmale; 09-23-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

by the time I add bump stops and address the brakes I'm in the price point as the terraflex kit with 2.0 fox shocks. Can you tell me whats superior and worth the added expense with your kit. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. Its just that I'm retired and on a fixed income and every dollar matters
The Teraflex 2.5" and RK Stock Mods are similar systems. They include the absolute minimum items needed to lift the vehicle. RK's coils are multi-stage while Teraflex uses a linear coil. RK includes an adjustable front track bar, TF does not.

The updated/reverted 2.5 Stock Mod will include adjustable sway bar disconnects and a rear track bar relocation bracket where this one I am phasing out has fixed links like the TF and no rear track bar bracket. The price difference between the kit that is on closeout and the "new" kit is $175. So $400 vs $575. I think I've just caused confusion with this "closeout" deal. RK is literally going back to the way the 2.5 Stock Mod was always sold up until 2016. My apologies.

The 2.5 Stock Mod is just ONE of many systems that RK offers just like the 2.5" kit from Teraflex is only the beginning of their offering. Both are great kits and we sell both of them. I only mentioned the Stock Mod in this post because the OP's budget was very close to where that kit is priced.

Give me a call and let's talk about your options if you're interested. I have extremely competitive pricing all the way across the board and can help you make the decision that makes the most sense for YOU.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive been told that an adjustable front track bar is not needed with a 2.5 kit. Your opinion?
Old 09-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor

Ive been told that an adjustable front track bar is not needed with a 2.5 kit. Your opinion?
I would strongly recommend one. 2.5" of lift is plenty of difference to require a bit of adjustment to center the axle back up.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

I would strongly recommend one. 2.5" of lift is plenty of difference to require a bit of adjustment to center the axle back up.
Agree. I put 2.5" TF lift and it is about 5/8" or so off center. I like the TF lift but that is next up for me.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

thank for all the help. I wont be buying till the first of the year but took the teraflex kit out off my list on extremeterrain web site and book marked yours.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor

thank for all the help. I wont be buying till the first of the year but took the teraflex kit out off my list on extremeterrain web site and book marked yours.
Right on! I'll look forward to hearing from you. I appreciate the support.

If you have questions in the meantime just ask. Happy to help!

Quick Reply: Need help picking a lift