Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help securing harley mirror

Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help securing harley mirror

Sorry if a how-to is posted but when I searched I couldn't find one.

I got the long stem harley mirror for my drivers side when the doors are off. I am securing it underneath the hinge with a flat washer and a stainless steel wing nut. Everything is good but when driving, the wind pushes the mirror back, no matter how tight I make the wing nut.

How is everyone securing theirs? I'd like to use a wing nut for easy of on/off but if there's a better way I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by King Kork
Sorry if a how-to is posted but when I searched I couldn't find one.

I got the long stem harley mirror for my drivers side when the doors are off. I am securing it underneath the hinge with a flat washer and a stainless steel wing nut. Everything is good but when driving, the wind pushes the mirror back, no matter how tight I make the wing nut.

How is everyone securing theirs? I'd like to use a wing nut for easy of on/off but if there's a better way I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Pretty simple. Get rid of the wingnut get a regular Nut and tighten with an open end wrench. Ive never had a problem
Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stefel22
Pretty simple. Get rid of the wingnut get a regular Nut and tighten with an open end wrench. Ive never had a problem

Worked good. I like the convenience of the wing nut but like the mirror staying put even more. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Need help securing harley mirror