Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need info on 4in SuperLift kit

Old 11-21-2007, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on 4in SuperLift kit

I want to buy off a sponsor on here but on Ebay I found a 4inch SuperLift kit for my Jeep at $620 shipped to my door.

1 Lift via pre-set coil springs
2 New Urethane travel-stops prevent suspension over-compression
3 Adjustable front track bar; relocation bracket for rear bar
4 Alignment cams correct caster angle
5 Longer, greasable factory-style sway bar links
6 Optional eXtreme Ring diff. covers
7 This kit is being offered with Superlift Superide Shocks,
Available upgrades - Superide Select Series (SS) or Superide Select Series with remote reservoir (SSR)

If I can get it cheaper on here please let me know what sponsor and I will order it. I really want my Jeep sitting up off these 35's and I want it done quick. Along with a kit like this what else would I need?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump back to top, I really need a lift kit quick and need help.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by thumperk15
I want to buy off a sponsor on here but on Ebay I found a 4inch SuperLift kit for my Jeep at $620 shipped to my door.

1 Lift via pre-set coil springs
2 New Urethane travel-stops prevent suspension over-compression
3 Adjustable front track bar; relocation bracket for rear bar
4 Alignment cams correct caster angle
5 Longer, greasable factory-style sway bar links
6 Optional eXtreme Ring diff. covers
7 This kit is being offered with Superlift Superide Shocks,
Available upgrades - Superide Select Series (SS) or Superide Select Series with remote reservoir (SSR)

If I can get it cheaper on here please let me know what sponsor and I will order it. I really want my Jeep sitting up off these 35's and I want it done quick. Along with a kit like this what else would I need?
I will give you my opinion, but it is just that, an opinion. This kit is a bare bones lift kit, which if you are doing a 2.5" or less budget boost is probably fine, but with 4" of lift you do not want to try and get a bare bones kit. Again, in my opinion if you want to go 4" I would make sure whatever kit you get has adjustable top and bottom control arms for both the front and the rear. You will also need either an adjustable track bar, or relocation bracket, but keep in mind some of these are not that great.

If this kit is telling you to use alignment cams I would not only run away, but run away fast. The alignment cams allow one to adjust the amount of caster by loosening the control arm bolts, adjusting, then retightening them. This is not accurate and when driving off road (or even on) can be jarred out of the wanted setting causing you all kinds of problems, one big one being difficulty in controlling your vehicle at speed if one side goes out of wack more than the other.

A kit like the Full traction 3" ultimate kit with a 3/4" spacer will give you the same lift but will do it right. If you don't mind taking a suggestion from a total stranger, call Northridge 4X4 and talk to David. He knows what he is doing and will steer you in the right direction, plus he will take care of you if you have any problems!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Exclamation dont forget the drive shafts

dont forget, with a 4 " lift and a 2 dr. you will need driveshafts eventually. When they go they go mine were about $700. for both installed. I would hate to see you caught off gaurd with your DD broken down.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by capt scotty
dont forget, with a 4 " lift and a 2 dr. you will need driveshafts eventually. When they go they go mine were about $700. for both installed. I would hate to see you caught off gaurd with your DD broken down.
Great point!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I need everything in a kit like this minus the adj. cams, and in place of them I need the upper and lower adj. control arms for the front and back? I have heard alot of people like the SuperLift kit but I just want to know what I'm looking for in my kit. I have alot of conections that I can get cheaper than NorthRidge so unless I can get cheaper on there I'll settle from other people. I have a couple people I wheel with regularly in my state and its not that they try to cheat but sometimes people don't know alot about this jeep and what it needs. I'm still trying to learn from people on here that know what they are talking.

capt scotty
You have told me about the driveshafts on another forum and I know its hard to keep up with everything that goes on this site because its so big, and everyone needs to be reminded, so thanks and this is another reason I need a good complete kit tha is the cheapest I can find around because I have to get shafts. You are the one that got them made locally right? I have a source, my buddies dad owns a driveshaft shop so I can get locally made shafts...dirt cheap.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

I was speaking to Dave at Northridge and he said that I didn't need different drive shafts using the Ultimate 3" FT lift? Don't want to spend $700 if I don't have to.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Ive ridden in the Superlift and it rides nice.

If the Superlift is good enough for AEV, its good enough for me.

My 4" Superlift should be on the JK in a few weeks.

Does anyone have info on their shocks?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

To put off the driveshaft, maybe a 3" kit from Black Diamond (a Superlift company) would be better. They essentially won a suspension shootout (Donohue won but was over $5000) in Petersons 4 wheel drive a couple months back. Based on that I bought the SL 4" kit, but I also bought the rockrunner adjustable front and rear arms as an option (about $400 ea set). You only need the lower fronts to regain the lost castor.

The BD 3" is the same as SL 4" but with shorter springs.

GL
Old 12-05-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kntr
Ive ridden in the Superlift and it rides nice.

If the Superlift is good enough for AEV, its good enough for me.

My 4" Superlift should be on the JK in a few weeks.

Does anyone have info on their shocks?
I thought you were going with the Nth Degree when that came out, just wondering if something is going on at AEV that they haven't released about the Nth lift yet.

Quick Reply: Need info on 4in SuperLift kit