JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Need to level my Jeep. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/need-level-my-jeep-71769/)

Beel_MT 02-06-2009 12:10 PM

Need to level my Jeep.

I would like to raise the front end and make my Jeep sit more level.

I have an '07 four door Rubicon with Full Traction Premium 3 inch lift.

Between winch, bumper swap, and rock rails the front is sagging even more than it did originally. We've had it almost 2 years now and the mods were installed right when we got it, so I over time I think it might be drooping even more.

I used the un-scientific method of measuring to the bottom edge of the fenders at the center of the wheels. There is approx. a difference of 1 3/4 inches, so looking for about 1 to 1 1/2 inch increase.

I was looking into this last year when Full Traction came out with their heavy duty coils. How are those working out for people that have them?

It's been suggested that spacers are not a good idea. Also that some coils are better than others, meaning use another brand besides Full Traction.

Any suggestions on how I might pick up that 1.5?

Thanks in advance,
Beel

dadgummit 02-06-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Beel_MT (Post 933975)
I would like to raise the front end and make my Jeep sit more level.

I have an '07 four door Rubicon with Full Traction Premium 3 inch lift.

Between winch, bumper swap, and rock rails the front is sagging even more than it did originally. We've had it almost 2 years now and the mods were installed right when we got it, so I over time I think it might be drooping even more.

I used the un-scientific method of measuring to the bottom edge of the fenders at the center of the wheels. There is approx. a difference of 1 3/4 inches, so looking for about 1 to 1 1/2 inch increase.

I was looking into this last year when Full Traction came out with their heavy duty coils. How are those working out for people that have them?

It's been suggested that spacers are not a good idea. Also that some coils are better than others, meaning use another brand besides Full Traction.

Any suggestions on how I might pick up that 1.5?

Thanks in advance,
Beel

I would contact terraflex and get a pair of 4" front coils, You have everything else you need. Coils are coils, it should not hurt anything to mix brands.

HahaJK 02-06-2009 08:10 PM

I bought some 3" HD coils from Full Traction and it leveled it out perfectly for the extra bumper and winch (with 3" full traction coils in the back). Highly recommend :thumbsup:

MLF083 02-06-2009 09:40 PM

I am looking to level my jeep, was thinking of going the spacer route... whats the issue with these as mentioned above?

lc619fr 02-06-2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by MLF083 (Post 934892)
I am looking to level my jeep, was thinking of going the spacer route... whats the issue with these as mentioned above?

With everything that I've heard so far there shouldn't be any issues I think it's more a matter of preferance as to which way you want to go. I'm going through the same thing and am probably going to get a set of TF 4" springs to level out the front but alot of people are running like 1.75 spacers.

Beel_MT 02-07-2009 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dadgummit (Post 934801)
I would contact terraflex and get a pair of 4" front coils, You have everything else you need. Coils are coils, it should not hurt anything to mix brands.

I appreciate everyone's input.

I wasn't really worried about mixing brands, it was more a matter of whether one manufacturer tended to make stiffer coils.

Thanks,
Beel

seer1 02-07-2009 03:25 PM

You might want to look into that JKS acos system.