Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need to level my Jeep.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to level my Jeep.

I would like to raise the front end and make my Jeep sit more level.

I have an '07 four door Rubicon with Full Traction Premium 3 inch lift.

Between winch, bumper swap, and rock rails the front is sagging even more than it did originally. We've had it almost 2 years now and the mods were installed right when we got it, so I over time I think it might be drooping even more.

I used the un-scientific method of measuring to the bottom edge of the fenders at the center of the wheels. There is approx. a difference of 1 3/4 inches, so looking for about 1 to 1 1/2 inch increase.

I was looking into this last year when Full Traction came out with their heavy duty coils. How are those working out for people that have them?

It's been suggested that spacers are not a good idea. Also that some coils are better than others, meaning use another brand besides Full Traction.

Any suggestions on how I might pick up that 1.5?

Thanks in advance,
Beel
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
I would like to raise the front end and make my Jeep sit more level.

I have an '07 four door Rubicon with Full Traction Premium 3 inch lift.

Between winch, bumper swap, and rock rails the front is sagging even more than it did originally. We've had it almost 2 years now and the mods were installed right when we got it, so I over time I think it might be drooping even more.

I used the un-scientific method of measuring to the bottom edge of the fenders at the center of the wheels. There is approx. a difference of 1 3/4 inches, so looking for about 1 to 1 1/2 inch increase.

I was looking into this last year when Full Traction came out with their heavy duty coils. How are those working out for people that have them?

It's been suggested that spacers are not a good idea. Also that some coils are better than others, meaning use another brand besides Full Traction.

Any suggestions on how I might pick up that 1.5?

Thanks in advance,
Beel
I would contact terraflex and get a pair of 4" front coils, You have everything else you need. Coils are coils, it should not hurt anything to mix brands.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought some 3" HD coils from Full Traction and it leveled it out perfectly for the extra bumper and winch (with 3" full traction coils in the back). Highly recommend
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

I am looking to level my jeep, was thinking of going the spacer route... whats the issue with these as mentioned above?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MLF083
I am looking to level my jeep, was thinking of going the spacer route... whats the issue with these as mentioned above?
With everything that I've heard so far there shouldn't be any issues I think it's more a matter of preferance as to which way you want to go. I'm going through the same thing and am probably going to get a set of TF 4" springs to level out the front but alot of people are running like 1.75 spacers.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dadgummit
I would contact terraflex and get a pair of 4" front coils, You have everything else you need. Coils are coils, it should not hurt anything to mix brands.
I appreciate everyone's input.

I wasn't really worried about mixing brands, it was more a matter of whether one manufacturer tended to make stiffer coils.

Thanks,
Beel
Old 02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to look into that JKS acos system.

Quick Reply: Need to level my Jeep.