Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need a solid answer

Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a solid answer

I hate to beat this to death if it has already been asked. I TRULY APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE.

I have a Sport, 3.73. Auto trans.

Can I run 285x75R17 (32.7" actual height tires) BF Goodrich ATs without doing damage?

What else will I need? Will I need a trans cooler or do I not need one?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alll good

i got 33's with 3.21 working perfect i put wheel spacers 1.5 no rubbing er ripped of air dam under the bumper stupid item and nothign although when im aking really sharpper turns comin off excit for example and coming around tofast the tires sort of lock up but your good to go no other issues at all its
Old 10-24-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yes, you can run that size. It is a bit taller and wider than stock, as you know. At full lock either way, you may rub a bit. Nothing some minor trimming or a bit of steer stop adjustment won't fix. (or get some spacers)

Only you can decide if you are happy running a particular tire size on your stock gears. (my opinion - auto's are under-geared/under-powered from the factory)

Trans coolers cost what, $45? Why would you not get one, regardless of going to a taller tire...

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-24-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Need a solid answer