Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opinions..."Rubicon" or "X"

Old 10-09-2006, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks SpudRacer for your input on the 4-speed auto tran I ordered. Although I agree that my choice may not be the best, I'm going to stick with it for two reasons. 1) I'm lazy and don't care much about shifting. 2) I have driven a HUMMER H1 (non-turbo) for over 10 years. Believe me, ANYTHING will be an improvement when it comes to "git-up & go". Besides, I have to believe that there will be some sort of engine modifications available in the near future. If not, I'll simply take out the "mini van" engine and have something else dropped in.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

BLKnGLD, True, the MT Classic Beadlocks don't currently come in a 5 x 5 bolt pattern, but I found an aftermarket set of 1" spacers that can convert a 5 x 5 to a 5 x 4.5 pattern. Let me know if you want a link to the site and I'll dig it up.

Silver Bullet, I've dreamed of owning an H1 since they first came out, but it was never more than a dream. I heard of a company in Florida or Texas that slipped 502ci Chevy big blocks into them to cure their "anemia". As for engine mods, Avenger is due out with a supercharger soon. That should help get the HP up near 250+ and bump the torque up a bit as well. At least the V6 3.8 has aluminum heads.

I once put a Paxton supercharger on a Brand new Chevy Z71 Sportside pickup before it had 1500 minles on it. Off road, it had more power than I ever needed, on road, it was a total waste as every time I floored it or tried to race, the tires would just spin ridiculously. At least with a Rubi I could lock the rear locker to get more power to the ground on the road if I needed it.

By the way, I found out a couple days ago I'm going to be a Dad again at 43yo. Good thing I already ordered my new Rubicon and in Unlimited form to boot!! That was way too close. Maybe I'll have her middle name Rubi?!?!

TOM
Bryson City, NC

Last edited by SpudRacer; 10-09-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

congrats! Thats how old my dad was when he knocked my mom up with my little sister. lol

Quick Reply: Need some opinions..."Rubicon" or "X"