Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Your Opinion About RC lift...

Old 02-25-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Your Opinion About RC lift...

Do you think i should take the RC 2,5" coil spacers out and get the RC 2,5" full coils insted?
I've got the RC performance shocks, so the coils will cost me $180.
What do you think?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Up to you, but I doubt it would be worth it.....the ride may be a little more harsh than it is now, but you may gain slightly better articulation. The springs themselves are really not much longer than stock when side by side....so I'm not too sure about the added articulation.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Up to you, but I doubt it would be worth it.....the ride may be a little more harsh than it is now, but you may gain slightly better articulation. The springs themselves are really not much longer than stock when side by side....so I'm not too sure about the added articulation.
Thanks dude
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Depends on what type of trails you do.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the kind of ride and future MODS you are looking for. I'd go for coils - they allow for better articulation and "future proof" your investment. Though, if you do go for coils, you might like the ride of the Teraflex or OME coils better than RC.

If you upgrade to heavier accessories like front bumper, winch, rear bumper, etc., you would want coils. Upgrading to coils (to do it right) you will want front and rear adjustable trackbars, control arms, swaybar, possible breakline extender, longer shocks, and rear spring retainers just because sh*t happens.

Quick Reply: Need Your Opinion About RC lift...