Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Needing a new lift

Old 04-11-2020, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you get the full game changer kit you should not need anything else.
Sorry one more question, would you go with the rock sport or the fox shocks? I would love the 6 pack but don't have that deep of pockets yet.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Let me ask why you would want the 6 pack shocks?
Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

They look cool and have long extended and compressed lengths. Don't mention the fact that they require service at more frequent intervals and nitrogen charging.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Let me ask why you would want the 6 pack shocks?
Like karls10jk said, they look cool and have long extended and compressed lengths. Lol, seriously though, thought they might have better control of the side to side. That is a huge problem with the lift I have now on top of to much weight for the aev. Though about the falcon 3.3 because of beinf able to dial in with the adjustment. But with the M.C. lift I'm pushing the wife at that price range. Really wanting to stay around $2700. Only had the AEV lift on for almost a year. So hopefully I can recoup some of the money selling it. So all said and done just trying to get the best shock for the lift.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There's not really a reason you have to start with the full game-changer, is there? If you are looking to find some budget for upgraded shocks, you could opt for a single set of control arms at each end instead of both sets (or even just the front lowers or brackets). Then later on you could add the other sets of arms if you choose to, or not.

I am running the OME long-travel shocks that MC used to sell with these lifts (equivalent to the rocksports they are now offering). I like em fine, even if they aren't fancy rebuildables/adjustables/needabunchofserviceables.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The rocksport shocks ride very good with the MC lift and I would not spend the money on the fox shocks unless you feel you need the bling. I would not run the falcons either unless you use your shocks to bang on rocks like in their videos.

Quick Reply: Needing a new lift