Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New 7 miles and MIL CODE P0300 multiple misfire

Old 04-21-2016, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 7 miles and MIL CODE P0300 multiple misfire

What's the deal with this,

Just picked up my 2016 auto jku rubi. Driving home from dealer, I noticed the MIL check engine light and I connected my diagnostic tool, and it showed code P0300. Multiple misfire.

On a brand new vehicle? It had half a tank from dealer, it was driving perfectly with no issues. I went to fill it up, cranked jeep back on and noticed the mil light. I let the dealer know, snapped a pic of the code on my tool, and cleared it. About 10 more miles on and no code yet, but if it continues, what is the outcome?
Old 04-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I had a similar code, cracked plug right out of the factory.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jkjouster
What's the deal with this,

Just picked up my 2016 auto jku rubi. Driving home from dealer, I noticed the MIL check engine light and I connected my diagnostic tool, and it showed code P0300. Multiple misfire.

On a brand new vehicle? It had half a tank from dealer, it was driving perfectly with no issues. I went to fill it up, cranked jeep back on and noticed the mil light. I let the dealer know, snapped a pic of the code on my tool, and cleared it. About 10 more miles on and no code yet, but if it continues, what is the outcome?
yeah... I would have turned around and taken it back to them on the spot.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I had that code pop up on my Jeep when heading out to Death Valley a few weeks ago. Happened as I hit 5,000 RPM trying hard to pass a semi on an uphill stretch into a headwind. Typical conditions for my poor little 3.8 to struggle. Engine misfired for real, causing me to slow down. CEL went out after about a half hour. Haven't even put the code reader on it, but engine seems to be running fine after another couple K miles. Of course, I have 181K miles on it.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you feel the engine misfiring?
You should have turned around and let the dealer diagnose it. Could be a spark plug or wire, but geez is so new is scary things like this can happen.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

It seriously does make me feel very unsettled. And I stupidly got excited and had to modify/ install the grab bar ram ball mount, grab bars front and rear, Rear sumo springs....

although peanuts, I don't even know how I feel about continuing on.

I cleared the code at 15 miles but my Bluetooth diagnostic dongle cleared the code but left 2 permanent codes? now at 100 and no check engine light again. I have been utilizing all ranges of the rpm and accelerating and engine breaking at moderate pace, and it feels perfect!

I took off the plastic engine cover because I like to hear my engine. It might have a more then pronounced tick/clack just like most modern engines I've ever owned. I have never once had engine problems on any car/boat/atv/motorcycle/RC and I have always taken very good care of with oil and fluids, but I beat the snot out of everything whenever I'm behind a wheel. Seriously, I know what this rubi is capable of, but no way these engines should be leaving factory floors and throwing codes more then on occasion. I have located a few 2014 2015 and 2016 wrangler topics about this and i hope I'm not involved
Old 04-21-2016, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will keep everyone posted, I once overed the entire jeep top and bottom and all connections, components, and fluids looked and felt solid and proper.

I will ignore this situation, When and if ANY MIL or CEL pop up,right to the dealer and I will lend an update
Old 05-11-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn!!

Happened again!

Code P0300 random/multiple misfire

At 556 miles out of the factory on a 2016 jkur
Old 05-11-2016, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude if I were you I'd have turned right around and gone right back the dealership with the first code.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kellen
Dude if I were you I'd have turned right around and gone right back the dealership with the first code.
What he said. You need to quit messing around and get it back to the dealer.

Quick Reply: New 7 miles and MIL CODE P0300 multiple misfire