Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New to Colorado, looking for off road shop

Old 09-20-2016, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Colorado, looking for off road shop

I just relocated to Monument/Colorado Springs and need a competent off road shop for some work. I have a vibration that could be drive train (just added a new Adams rear shaft) and something under there is squeaking with just in town driving. I like Northridge 4x4, but it's a bit far up the road to go for casual stuff. I've heard of one 4x4 shop in town that is supposed to know what they are doing, but supposedly jacks the prices when they see a nice ride roll in.

So who do you like in Colorado Springs, Monument, Castle Rock? Maybe even Denver, but I might just keep going to Northridge in Longmont if I'm headed that way.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

There are many good 4x4 shops along the Front Range. One of the oldest with a great rep is High Country 4x4 in Denver. Owner Al Dunn. I'd start there.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by web architect
I just relocated to Monument/Colorado Springs and need a competent off road shop for some work. I have a vibration that could be drive train (just added a new Adams rear shaft) and something under there is squeaking with just in town driving. I like Northridge 4x4, but it's a bit far up the road to go for casual stuff. I've heard of one 4x4 shop in town that is supposed to know what they are doing, but supposedly jacks the prices when they see a nice ride roll in.

So who do you like in Colorado Springs, Monument, Castle Rock? Maybe even Denver, but I might just keep going to Northridge in Longmont if I'm headed that way.

Thanks!
I agree with the comment on High Country 4x4.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Many thanks!
Old 09-21-2016, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

The edge offroad, Chris is a very knowledgeable guy and will remember you even if it's been years. High country is OK but you're just another number and I've always gotten the impression that they don't really give a shit about the business - they are the most popular shop in town. Can't go wrong with Northridge but the Edge is still the little guy and will definitely do anything for the customer.

Quick Reply: New to Colorado, looking for off road shop