Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Hesco supercharger

Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hesco supercharger

Not looking to detract from Ripp on this one, but was looking on Hesco's site. Apparently have a new supercharger, with 325hp with 8.5lbs of boost for 7 grande. Any thoughts on this?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Too damn expensive!!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
Too damn expensive!!!!!
Yeah, it is too pricey for me.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

I bet that # is at the crank and not the wheels. At that low of boost.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Sale price says $5495 on their website.

I like the intercooler more than the RIPP, but the RIPP definitely has better overall construction...Some of the Hesco pipes look like they were robbed from a geriatric HVAC center

Where are the dyno charts?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does Ripp put out anyways on a stock JK? And keep in mind, the Ripp can be run with 87 octane, I doubt that with HESCO. Their stroker kit required 89 on my Cherokee.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

I think ripp is putting out 230 to 250ish whp.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by runit3
Sale price says $5495 on their website.

I like the intercooler more than the RIPP, but the RIPP definitely has better overall construction...Some of the Hesco pipes look like they were robbed from a geriatric HVAC center

Where are the dyno charts?
There are two JK chargers that they made, that price is for the original one. That is funny about the pipes, I was thinking the same thing. They have created some pretty amazing stuff over there, I bet their kit is pretty good.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

AHA! now I see the other one

"We do not recommend towing without an intercooler because of the additional load and strain experienced by the engine. For a limited time the base kit will be offered at $4995.00. The intercooled super charger kit lists for $8710.00 and is on special for $6995.00 The kit is very similar to the Rotrex kit with out the intercooler and oil cooler kits."
^^^ I don't see any of those prices anywhere on their site! the other link to the #HES3.8LSCKIT is listed at $5495 and definitely comes with an intercooler...I'm assuming the PN:HES38PROSK "procharger" kit is just the charger w/nothing else included? I don't get it...

I see a dyno chart now with the procharger but it's tucked under the hood and the picture is too small to enlarge.

I'm interested in the product and I know it's a reputable company, but their website is confusing as hell.

Last edited by runit3; 04-01-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by runit3
AHA! now I see the other one

"We do not recommend towing without an intercooler because of the additional load and strain experienced by the engine. For a limited time the base kit will be offered at $4995.00. The intercooled super charger kit lists for $8710.00 and is on special for $6995.00 The kit is very similar to the Rotrex kit with out the intercooler and oil cooler kits."
^^^ I don't see any of those prices anywhere on their site! the other link to the #HES3.8LSCKIT is listed at $5495 and definitely comes with an intercooler...I'm assuming the PN:HES38PROSK "procharger" kit is just the charger w/nothing else included? I don't get it...

I see a dyno chart now with the procharger but it's tucked under the hood and the picture is too small to enlarge.

I'm interested in the product and I know it's a reputable company, but their website is confusing as hell.
I agree their website sucks, they do have a forum with some data. They dont seem to throw out dyno charts too readilly though. I read some of the background of the folks that work there, very interesting and impressive.

Quick Reply: New Hesco supercharger