Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New off road tires with the mountain snowflake symbol.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New off road tires with the mountain snowflake symbol.

2 new tires in direct competition with the Goodyear Duratrac and the BFG A/T that have the mountain snowflake symbol. (approved for winter use in Canada).

- Nitto EXO Grappler

- Toyo open Country C/T
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 AM
BJT
JK Newbie

Default Don’t trust the snowflake on your tire to make you safe.

Sounds like it isn't as easy as just buying the snowflake tires to get a safe tire for winter. According to this news piece, the standards to obtain the snowflake were written 15 years ago and need to be updated. Some of the new "snowflake" tires are barely passing the requirements and some of the top tires are making the standards look silly. Maybe I just read too much, its making my head hurt.

here is the link: http://autos.ca.msn.com/specials/win...entid=19293560

Last edited by BJT; 09-24-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: link didnt show up
Old 09-25-2014, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BJT
Sounds like it isn't as easy as just buying the snowflake tires to get a safe tire for winter. According to this news piece, the standards to obtain the snowflake were written 15 years ago and need to be updated. Some of the new "snowflake" tires are barely passing the requirements and some of the top tires are making the standards look silly. Maybe I just read too much, its making my head hurt.

here is the link: Don
Duratrac are amazing in winter, I have them with no studs and they are better than my BFG winter slalom studded.

I eager to see how they will compare with the new competitors.

Yes the snowflake doesn't garantee performance but it is required by law.

Quick Reply: New off road tires with the mountain snowflake symbol.