Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NEW RANDOM RATTLE NOISE Need Advice

Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW RANDOM RATTLE NOISE Need Advice

I've got this random rattling noise coming from what I believe is the drivers underside. I've gone through and checked all heat shields, breaks, wheel bearings, DS. After much research on here I have yet to find someone describe a sound like this one.

It occurs randomly sometimes under load , sometimes coasting, sometimes turning, Clutch in , Clutch out, even coasting with the Jeep shut off and once it starts it does not stop until I come to a complete stop. Upon moving forward again the noise is gone until randomly down the street it will pop and start again until a full complete stop.

I was able to finally take a video and catch the sound while rolling into my driveway (beginning of video you can hear the tires as they wind down than you can really hear the rattling as I pull to a complete stop)

Hoping to hear from someone that has seen or heard this issue before but Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We1-...ature=youtu.be

2010 2dr 3" terraflex 35" JE Reel rear DS rear upper ACA's
Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your drive shaft CV's
Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a double cardan JE Reel rear DS that I installed about 3 months ago. I will be pulling the front stock DS at least to eliminate that as a possible cause.

Quick Reply: NEW RANDOM RATTLE NOISE Need Advice