Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new Sahara Unlimited came in!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Sahara Unlimited came in!!!!

After an eight week wait, JK Sahara came in last night, first impression is great. I had the 2" superlift and Cooper STT 285/70/17 on stock wheels. pics are on my project page.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

That looks awesome! Thinking about doing something similar with my Sahara on 18" wheels. Any details on performance and price?

Thanks,
Old 02-03-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, the Cooper info said the tires were a true 33", but it looks like 32 1/4" + or - so I was a little worried that they looked to small. The superlift 2" with shocks ran about 500.00 installed by my local tire shop. The tires were $120.00 for all 5 tires due to an employee new car tire trade-out deal. After driving and looking at it for several hours I am happy with everything. I think if i went any larger i would need a wheel spacer kit and the local tire shop has warned me against them???? I don't know what thats about. I can't tell any changes in power or handling. Next will be a bumper and I would like to paint the top silver to match the body.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds like you got a great deal on tires and lift. The stock tires on mine are 32.1" and I am looking at a Toyo at 33.2". Keep us up to date on any gearing concerns.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

I re-measured the spare and it is a true 33". Sorry for the bad information
Old 02-03-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire shop info about spacers being bad is most likely in reference to the old-style spacers that are cast aluminum, without pressed-in studs. Those were dangerous because they didn't leave enough of the wheelstud exposed for proper tightening and they had a tendency to crack. The Spyder Trax or Teraflex spacers should not pose any problems. They are made of machined aluminum and have pressed-in full length studs. Nice looking Jeep!

Quick Reply: new Sahara Unlimited came in!!!!