Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Newb lift question

Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb lift question

This is all new to me and I really don't know what I'm talking about to be honest. But I have a 2011 JK and was looking for at a 2inch by performance accessories on Quadratec. My questions are :

Would this even be worth it ?

Could I still keep my stock wheels and tires for now and still have it look half way decent? I have 17inch alumn. Wheels

The kit is 99$, and I was just wondering how much it would cost to have this done.

Also any pictures would be nice to see what it would look like. Thanks a lot
Old 01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running 3" on stocks 32's looks like it should have been built that way. Compliments all the time.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am pretty new to the forum too, but honestly whatever you go with I would recommend doing the mod yourself. I have read it on this forum plenty of times and I cannot agree more with it. You will feel an awesome sense of accomplishment and you will learn a ton about your jeep. Lets face it, the jeep is probably one of the easiest vehicles to mod ( and most modded) so take advantage of all the knowledge on this forum and other sites like this one, crack open a beer and have fun! I didnt think I would be able to put on a lift either, and now that I did it myself I wont let the dealership touch my jeep!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2... I went from being nervous to install a lift to gathering parts for a 2wd to 4wd conversion. Get some grease on you, bust some knuckles, you'll soon see it's not as intimidating as you think. The less you spend installing mods the more you can spend on mods.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Go down to JK Show & Tell. Stickied at the top is the Show Off Threads. You should find plenty of pics in there that will give you an idea of the look.

The install cost varies by shop, your best bet is to just make some calls. You should also consider doing it yourself. It may take some time if you aren't familiar with lifts, but it isn't very difficult. You could even try throwing a post in the Staging Area for your neck of the woods and see if anyone local would be willing to lend a hand. Odds are, they will even have any tools you don't.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Buy a Jeep and make friends......

If you want to learn about Jeeps and jeeping you might see if you can find a local jeep club in your area. I'm a member of Midwest Jeepthing. We have build party's and help newer people learn to safely offroad.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Would do a budget boost

Highly recommend a budget boost at minimum. I always start with the lift and then add a body lift down the road for tire clearance, if needed. Almost like I blew my budget on a lift, but few years later wanted a bit more lift for next size tire.

Would get one with a bumper relocation kit. Body goes up 2", but the bumper doesn't go up with it!

Quick Reply: Newb lift question