Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

newbie asks for a little bb lift help

Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie asks for a little bb lift help

I have checked out the FAQ's in the newbie section and have found out a ton of great info for JK owners and newbies like me. but i have a suspention question that wasnt quite covered.

im going the budget route to fit 35's on my JK X, 2 door. i figure a 1in body lift, with the terra flex 2.5 inch kit is a good start. I just need to know if all those other components are needed, ie dropped pitman arm, adjustable sway bars, ect.

so to sum up, if I go the way of the 1in body, plus 2.5 in teraflex, what if any, extra components do you recomend. ill be using 16x8 wheels on 35x12.5 R16 Prnelli Jones DG

the 2.5 inch kit includes:
Front and Rear Coil Spacers
Front and Rear Bump Stops
Front and Rear Shock Adapters
Rear Sway Bar Links
Rear Brake Line Brackets
Rear Track Bar Bracket

thanks for the help, ill have pic of it when i return home from iraq, i bought my JK here and havent even seen it yet. cant wait to get it up on blocks and start workin on it.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 11thzone
I have checked out the FAQ's in the newbie section and have found out a ton of great info for JK owners and newbies like me. but i have a suspention question that wasnt quite covered.

im going the budget route to fit 35's on my JK X, 2 door. i figure a 1in body lift, with the terra flex 2.5 inch kit is a good start. I just need to know if all those other components are needed, ie dropped pitman arm, adjustable sway bars, ect.

so to sum up, if I go the way of the 1in body, plus 2.5 in teraflex, what if any, extra components do you recomend. ill be using 16x8 wheels on 35x12.5 R16 Prnelli Jones DG

Rear Sway Bar Links
Rear Brake Line Brackets
Rear Track Bar Bracket

thanks for the help, ill have pic of it when i return home from iraq, i bought my JK here and havent even seen it yet. cant wait to get it up on blocks and start workin on it.
you don't need the body lift to clear 35's, just make sure u get a/m wheels with the right backspacing. or a set of wheel spacers. if you really want 3" of lift go with the teraflex 3" lift with springs and shocks.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

thought about that but on a soldiers budget i need to keepthe cost down, this configuration achives 3.5 inch lift at less than half the price.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

im a soldier too....just save up adn do it right the first time.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good idea,but I read as much on here,and talked to my local shop and I came up with the 3" Fabtech lift
Everything you need is in that kit I'm very impressed with all the extras the kit comes with.
Its not that cheap,but I didn't want to change the driving to much with the full suspension idea.This kit gave me as I measured 3" perfect all around.
This Fabtech kit clears the 35" tires with ease
The Jeep handles the same as stock,and handles off road just great
Hope this helps,you should check them out

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16119_050.htm

I love this Kit
Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think you are going to need a dropped pitman arm until you get up to 4" or more of lift. I have the 2.5" Skyjacker Boost on mine and am clearing 33's with A LOT of room left over. I'm sure 35's would ride awesome underneath right now. The body lift will give you a little extra tire room, but that's more of a personal thing...you won't need it. I didn't need any extra parts with my boost, but did opt for an aftermarket steering stabilizer to get the vibrations out that come with larger tires. Rides and handles AWESOME. I'm actually still using the same stock disco's, but am going to upgrade to JKS disco's in the very near future. I'm also still riding on stock rims and that will be changing soon too.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 11thzone

Rear Sway Bar Links
Rear Brake Line Brackets
Rear Track Bar Bracket

you can actually get your jeep on 35's with just the 2.5" BB. granted, you will have some rubbing at a full stuff and turning but that's about it. of course, if you get the 1" BL, that will fix the rubbing. this by itself will do the job for you. on the wheels, just make sure you get them with 5" of back spacing or less.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

WOL pretty much summed it up. But if you are set on getting the extra height a body lift would give you, then take the money you would spend on the body lift, add it to the money you will spend on the BB and buy the Teraflex 2.5" coil spring lift. You can get it from northridge for $600 w/shocks or $440 w/shock adapters and free shipping.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

ok thanks for all the info, it did help allot, i think ill save just a little extra and not rush it, get all the right parts. good lookin jks yall got there too.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is mine with a 2inREBB and a 1inBL . No rub with 35's on this set-up
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	12680

Course the TF coil lift would be the way to go if your willing to wait on saving up. I eventually went with a 4in lift after cause I wanna run 37's when my 35's wear out.

Quick Reply: newbie asks for a little bb lift help