Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

newbie question

Old 07-03-2015, 03:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie question

Hello all, just got my first jeep about 4 months ago and now I have a little money to play with. I was looking to do a 2.5 inch lift with spacers and shocks. I'm looking to get 35inch Mickey Thompson deegan 38s. I know it's not a good idea to try to mount a 35 on the stock wheel carrier and I know it's a good idea to change my gears, but are there any other problems I should be looking for. I would really like to stick with 35s because my jeep will be used for going in the mud and not climbing. Any advice?
Old 07-03-2015, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the jeep world! You may want to consider beefing up your front axle. Id go with C gussets at the minimum to wheel 35s. Others opt for truss/sleeves as well. Possibly consider a brake upgrade to slow the bigger meats.

Last edited by Emptied Each Pocket; 07-03-2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

You'll get varying answers. I do mild wheeling..mud holes, water holes, dirt hills and trails in my area. Quite frankly that's all we have in Tallahassee. That being said.. I'm lifted 2.5, no re gear, stock dana 30 and zero problems.. I did replace my drive shafts, they gave up after 2 years of being lifted.

Many do truss and sleeve.. for DD I don't see the need. As far as a brake upgrade. I don't know anyone in my area that's done it. It stops as good as it ever did.

The best advice I've heard. If you're doing it for looks. 2.5 budget boost and 33s. It'll look great and maintain a good level of driveability. Either way..good luck on your quest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-188163299.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	616828

2.5" lift and 35's
Old 07-03-2015, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: newbie question