Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next phase for my JK - EVO double throw down w/Lever system, but long or short arm?

Old 06-29-2017, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next phase for my JK - EVO double throw down w/Lever system, but long or short arm?

Hello

quick description of myJK...

2012 - 37's, pro rock D44 and D60, 4" BDS lift etc.

i live in the northeast so it's mostly rocks and and lots of trees with off camber transitions.

so next year I'm going to coilovers via the EVO DTD and Lever system, my question is do I go long arm or short arm?

im looking for a low cog for the off camber stuff and rock crawling ability

I'd still like to be able to have it drivable on the road...

suggestions?

matthew
Old 06-29-2017, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll try to do a count as to how many people say get a long arm VS. don't get a long arm. What happens if it's 50/50? Do you do a vote off or maybe just make up your own mind? Did you ask here about the EVO lever suspension ? Did you inquire at way o life ? lol
Old 06-29-2017, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're going to do it, do it all the way. Go long arm.

For those who say that it will affect handling, I've driven to Moab from Phoenix twice, as well as San Carlos, Mexico. Around 1,000 miles and change round trip for both trips. Wheeled EJS twice, and drove home.

Dirtman will be along shortly to help you reinvent the wheel and save money. Personally, if I were to do it all over, I'd build another one with the same setup. ProRock 60's, 40's, EVO Double Throwdown, long arms, but without the amazing power of the 3.8L monster.

Last edited by jordy; 06-30-2017 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You might as well go long arm. I am doing two of these double throw down in the next couple weeks and can give you some feedback on it system after the install.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You might as well go long arm. I am doing two of these double throw down in the next couple weeks and can give you some feedback on it system after the install.
WAIT!!! Who are you? What have you done with Dirtman? Is this a signal that you're being held somewhere against your will and need us to send help?
Old 06-30-2017, 06:01 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I just help out at a local shop when they get real busy, don't worry the eddie minions have not got to me.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK, so I did some up with a downside. I really like the Poison Spyder fender liners, especially the vented ones, but I couldn't get a straight answer from them beyond "some trimming and modification was going to be required" which I get. For the money they want, am I going to have more money on the Jeep or is there going to be a big pile on the ground that I had to cut up to make it fit.

Opted for the mini liners from Evo. No complaints and they were about 80% less than the alternative.

There's the downside.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170305_181046.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	672927  
Old 07-01-2017, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated

matthew
Old 07-01-2017, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jordy
OK, so I did some up with a downside. I really like the Poison Spyder fender liners, especially the vented ones, but I couldn't get a straight answer from them beyond "some trimming and modification was going to be required" which I get. For the money they want, am I going to have more money on the Jeep or is there going to be a big pile on the ground that I had to cut up to make it fit.

Opted for the mini liners from Evo. No complaints and they were about 80% less than the alternative.

There's the downside.
im in the same boat, I have the Poison Spyder ones and there going to need major surgery

matthew
Old 07-01-2017, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You gotta admit that double throw down system is bad ass.

Quick Reply: Next phase for my JK - EVO double throw down w/Lever system, but long or short arm?