Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

No LSD what to do?

Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need a LSD or a locker to wheel over some crazy stuff. I've done a lot of trails with open/open diffs and all it means is you might be on the other end of a recovery strap or a winch more than some others. Either way, I've only ever gotten stuck in deep mud up at Rausch. 90% of the wheeling I have done has been with open diffs, its not that bad. I just got a LSD from a member on here who regeared and threw in an ARB in the rear and a Detroit TrueTrac in the front. He gave me the limited slip for free. I just bought 513s and when I regear I plan to keep the LSD in the rear and through an Aussie in the front...or a Detroit Truetrac. The truetrac functions like a limited slip but is more like a locker than an LSD. It basically is locked right up to the point when a locker would stay locked and you'd break a u-joint or other stuff, then unlocks

Quick Reply: No LSD what to do?