Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

No more Flexy Springs. What is next closest for extreme compressed and free lengths?

Old 11-17-2016, 12:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more Flexy Springs. What is next closest for extreme compressed and free lengths?

Suspension Stuff "Flexy Springs" used to be the best in the business when it came to useable travel for the ability to have a very short bind height and very long free height. This was because it was a dual-rate spring but instead of getting the softer rate by closer windings, they used a reduced diameter to achieve the softer section.

The "Suspension Stuff" brand and their "Flexy Coils" are no longer available.

I need some 2" lift springs that do not bind with full factory up-travel with and also stay captive when used with shocks that have a 26.75" effective extended length all round. I'll be modifying both front and rear upper shock mounts to get 11.5" travel shocks to have an effective compressed height within 1/2" of factory compressed height.

Any ideas for where I should be looking for springs?
Old 11-17-2016, 01:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think synergy has their springs compressed and extended lengths on their website
Old 11-17-2016, 02:26 AM
JK Newbie

From a quick look, maybe MetalCloak are going to be the closest to what I'm looking for. They're just traditional dual-rate springs though.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The sales blurb from MetalCloak says their coils have the 'longest free length in the industry'. But it doesn't look like they are going to give the length you need.

4door JK - 2.5" front
Free Length: 21 7/8"
Solid Height: 7 3/8"

4door JK - 2.5" rear
Free Length: 19 3/8"
Solid Height: 7"

Sounds like you want a lot more solid height, which would put a lot less in the normal ride height section of the coil? They have diagrams with specs and diameters on their site, maybe you'll find something there you can use.

Bah, you beat me by a few seconds...
Old 11-17-2016, 03:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The sales blurb from MetalCloak says their coils have the 'longest free length in the industry'. But it doesn't look like they are going to give the length you need.

4door JK - 2.5" front
Free Length: 21 7/8"
Solid Height: 7 3/8"

4door JK - 2.5" rear
Free Length: 19 3/8"
Solid Height: 7"

Sounds like you want a lot more solid height, which would put a lot less in the normal ride height section of the coil? They have diagrams with specs and diameters on their site, maybe you'll find something there you can use.

Bah, you beat me by a few seconds...
No I definitely don't want any more solid height otherwise the springs will bind before reaching bump stops.

Those springs may be fine. I just have to try and find out what spring height relates to what shock length.

Quick Reply: No more Flexy Springs. What is next closest for extreme compressed and free lengths?