Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-Rubicon Rear D-44 Locker Options / Discussion

Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-Rubicon Rear D-44 Locker Options / Discussion

Ok, so here it goes...

I have a 2011 Sport, front dirty 30 and rear 44 (Non-Rubicon) obviously. I want an E-Locker for the rear 44 and also want to re-gear to 4.88's. I am replacing my front 30 to a ProRock 44 later on in the year, but want a locker and upgraded shafts in the rear ASAP.

So my real question is, is there an E-Locker that will work with upgraded shafts (not sure if they make many E-Lockers for 32 spline?) with 32 spline shafts that will also work with my stock 3.73 gears? I do not want to do a gear swap until I get the ProRock in the front.

Can I get a locker that will work with 3.73 and then also be compatible with 4.88 gears all the while using 32 spline shafts? Do I need to keep the 30 spline shafts?

I hope this is not too hard to understand what I am asking, and would like to toss some options around because I'm sure there might be better alternatives and/or other Jeepers that are in the same situation to some extent.

** I do not want to get an air locker after much consideration. (Looked into Super 44 kit already). Something to do with leaking seals after wheel slip / catch, so I am leary.

Thanks in advance,

CDN-JK
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

I know you said you didn't want an air locker, but check out the Yukon Ziplocker. They provide a no questions asked warranty on the locker AND anything else that gets damaged up to $2000. You also get on board air and a proven system. I don't have it front of me but I think the spec is 3.73 gears and above.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input man. I think my e-locker dreams are just about laid to rest now, unless I do 30 spline OX.

I really wanted to upgrade shafts but Ive been told the only options are 30 or 35 spline.

I might just do the air locker thing with the ARB Super 44 kit and try it out. Hopefully it is as bad ass as everyone says it is.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also just re-gear and build up the rear and disco the front drive shaft. This is what I did untill my PR44 came in.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcdude3
You could also just re-gear and build up the rear and disco the front drive shaft. This is what I did untill my PR44 came in.
I thought about doing that, but there is just too much stuff I do on a weekly basis (ice fishing, wheeling, etc..) that I need 4x4 to accomplish. If I lived in a warm area with no snow, that is exactly what I would be doing!

Quick Reply: Non-Rubicon Rear D-44 Locker Options / Discussion