Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

North Carolina vehicle inspection and wheel spacers

Old 03-12-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeezUU
Shoot mang. I'm on the border of Va and North Kackalacky and just from observation... I'd say your safe as long as you aint on blocks in the front yard! Best bet is fly a rebel flag out the back (the bigger the better), cut off the exhaust just behind the cat (bonus points if you gut the cat!), and when in doubt>> run the largest mudflaps available at Bubba's Chrome Shop (they only carry the ones with the GOOD cartoons on em!).

Lol. Sorry... I have country bumpkin family from NC so I'm well familiar with NC culture!
LOL!! Thanks for that!

I don't recall seeing any of that where we're building. My experience with NC so far has been I77 and the mid to southern parts of Lake Norman. Guess I'll need to go out for a ride when I get there!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigO
I'll be over in Lincoln county on the west side of Lake Norman.

We have annual emissions & mechanical inspections here in PA. I'm sure it's probably the same in NC.

Inspections have gotten more stringent here in the last couple of years. The now have to lift the vehicle as part of the inspection. My F-250 with a 4 inch lift and 35's can't be lifted by a lot of the quickie places. It wouldn't surprise me at some point for spacers and other mods to be outlawed in NC. It just seems like more and more, the gov wants to live our lives for us. No black helicopters here, just more and more regulation in all areas of life.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DeezUU
Shoot mang. I'm on the border of Va and North Kackalacky and just from observation... I'd say your safe as long as you aint on blocks in the front yard! Best bet is fly a rebel flag out the back (the bigger the better), cut off the exhaust just behind the cat (bonus points if you gut the cat!), and when in doubt>> run the largest mudflaps available at Bubba's Chrome Shop (they only carry the ones with the GOOD cartoons on em!).

Lol. Sorry... I have country bumpkin family from NC so I'm well familiar with NC culture!
Well, I just have to respond to that. Plaintiff #2 was from Va Beach and I used to go up there a lot. You couldn't make me live there. Wayyyyy to many people, to much concrete and paving. Virgina Beach is about as much beach as Brighton Beach or Miami Beach. Used to be Sandbrige was a real beach, but even it isn't anymore. Once you get two blocks from the beach, you could get it confused with any major metropolitan area. There are some of the folks you mention living in North Eastern NC up near the Suffolk to the Va Beach line. But there are some living in the Suffolk area as well.

Lol. Sorry... I used to have family from Va Beach so I'm well familar with both cultures.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hahaha... touché . I used to live 2 blocks from Towne Centre and it was a madhouse. That's why we vacation in NC... it's WAY more laid back.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 AM
JK Newbie

Well, they both have good and bad things about them. I still frequent the Ducati-Aprilia dealer near Newport News.

Quick Reply: North Carolina vehicle inspection and wheel spacers