Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nutsert tool

Old 12-01-2015, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nutsert tool

New Genright fenders being delivered today and am wondering which nutsert tool is the best for the job. I have a single handed one but have seen videos of a larger 2 handed model. To those that have installed them which is the prefered. Thanks,John
Old 12-01-2015, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

I bought the older version of the one in the link below and it was exactly what I needed. It comes with standard and metric heads which comes in handy for different projects later on. Also, it came with 10 rivnuts for each head that it came with which was good because my fenders didn't even come with one extra rivnut to practice with or if you make a mistake.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
Old 12-01-2015, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never used the tool but if you think this is the only time you will be doing nutserts, then it's just money spent on a tool that can only do one thing. The rudimentary tool that they send you isn't wonderful but it will get the job done. Just take your time when doing them. However if you think rocker panels or corner armor is in your future, then invest in the tool.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Having done Poison Spyder crusher flares and corner armor, if you can afford it, DEFINTELY get the better tool! I think it's Astro or something like that. Works REALLY well and saves quite a bit of install time. I'd say even if you only plan to use it once, it's well worth the price to keep from spinning nutserts. And if your friends wanna install stuff that requires nutserts in the future, you'll be the hero and maybe get free beer!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumati...umatic+NUTSERT

This is the one I have and it is worth getting if you have a lot to install. I have used it on my old jeep for corners and rocker guards, on my new jeep for the same, and multiple friends over the last 3 years. Its also nice to have if you want to install lights and things in hard to get to spots on bumpers where you cant just put in a nut and bolt.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:06 AM
JK Junkie

The Astro tool above is very popular.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The Astro tool above is very popular.
Fancy seeing you here! lol

This place has actually gotten better.

Now returning this thread back to the OP.

Astro tool FTW!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I find its not the tool, but the insert that wears out. I went through 6 of them doing the full metal cloak armor
Old 12-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by hastingsrussell
I bought the older version of the one in the link below and it was exactly what I needed. It comes with standard and metric heads which comes in handy for different projects later on. Also, it came with 10 rivnuts for each head that it came with which was good because my fenders didn't even come with one extra rivnut to practice with or if you make a mistake.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
I have this same one and am happy with it.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

We have a Marson tool in the shop but it really is a one hand tool and was wondering if it was sufficient.....

Quick Reply: Nutsert tool