Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD Port Cover?

Old 09-03-2017, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OBD Port Cover?

This may sound like the dumb question of the day, but does the JK come with a cover over the OBD port? I got my Flashcal in today and went to reset the speedo on my 2017, and I feel like I pulled a rubber cover off the OBD port when I started, but now I cant find one, or much mention of one on the internet? thanks
Old 09-03-2017, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No. Your Jeep does not come with a port cover. You can find them online that are orange and say "DO NOT FLASH". I have one zip-tied on my port.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

That orange cover is a great idea. Or, you could just plug in an OBD/Blutooth adapter and use any handy Android device to monitor a ton of info about your Jeep's performance. With Torque Pro app, it's customizable what you monitor, what the gauges look like, etc. Here's my own configuration ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus 7 Jeep Display, Sep 13, 9860, Torque Pro.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	674666

The app also provides a verbal report if any check engine lights are detected, including a brief description of the meaning of each code detected.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 09-03-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
No. Your Jeep does not come with a port cover. You can find them online that are orange and say "DO NOT FLASH". I have one zip-tied on my port.
I have never thought about this for a second, but that is really a good idea. My jeep doesn't go to the dealer, but you just never know what situation you might find yourself in.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have never thought about this for a second, but that is really a good idea. My jeep doesn't go to the dealer, but you just never know what situation you might find yourself in.
Here you go.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12500_201X_PG.htm

Quick Reply: OBD Port Cover?